• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StealBlueSho

Quote from: SHOdded on February 11, 2017, 12:51:22 PM
Sh$t happens :(  Got used to it when I parked at the Metro garages taking the train to work.

Up in MD and in VA those Metro garages are where cars go to die....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SHOdded

Quote from: StealBlueSho on February 11, 2017, 01:10:39 PM
Up in MD and in VA those Metro garages are where cars go to die....
Truth!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

2013-2016 FOCUS ST MOUNTUNE TRIPLE PASS RADIATOR UPGRADE.
I wish this upgrade was available for this platform.  Z
CLICK on similar parts.

https://performanceparts.ford.com/part/MP2546-12020-AA1?cks=432128850&emailid=FP_FASTNEWS

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Gjkrisa

Damn 8in thick radiator if you install a air to water intercooler it maybe possible to fab it up.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

2016 Taurus SHO pp Shadow Black
diy emblems,jms boost max, FORscan modder

SHOdded

Seat filter with filter element  FS104

Seat filter with no filter element FS106

Choice!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOdded

MiWiAu

Are there any paint & body (not body paint) experts in the house?

My Explorer is covered in orange peel, and I'm wondering if there is a general consensus regarding the ability for Ford OEM clearcoat to withstand some minor corrections to reduce the severity of said orange peel.

2013 XSport

StealBlueSho

Quote from: MiWiAu on February 27, 2017, 10:38:53 AM
Are there any paint & body (not body paint) experts in the house?

My Explorer is covered in orange peel, and I'm wondering if there is a general consensus regarding the ability for Ford OEM clearcoat to withstand some minor corrections to reduce the severity of said orange peel.

My buddy at work had that happen to his explorer... ford would not cover it and said they would need to a total repaint to fix it.

Hers was really bad though.

SHOdded

You can get a paint meter to figure out total paint thickness, but if you are only using finishing polish, i.e., single pass type polishing, clearcoat should be able to withstand it no problem.  Adding a product like CQuartz Deluxe on top is like adding a couple of layers of clearcoat, so you could wind up with even better paint depth than you started with.

MiWiAu

Quote from: SHOdded on February 27, 2017, 11:51:01 AM
You can get a paint meter to figure out total paint thickness, but if you are only using finishing polish, i.e., single pass type polishing, clearcoat should be able to withstand it no problem.  Adding a product like CQuartz Deluxe on top is like adding a couple of layers of clearcoat, so you could wind up with even better paint depth than you started with.

I found these the other day. Was considering a CarPro velvet pad with some abrasive compound using a DA polisher.

http://www.autogeek.net/orange-peel-removal-pad.html

Supposed to be roughly equivalent to 3000 grit. Lots of positive reviews on the interwebs of people using it on factory clears (in general, not necessarily Ford specific).

I wonder if a body shop would measure my paint thickness for me in a few spots. I don't really want to spend $400 on my own meter... Nor do I want to spend $5k on a new paint job. LOL.

EDIT: Hmmm... the paint meters only measure the total thickness of the coating on the metal, correct? I don't think there's a way to measure the clear thickness directly?

2013 XSport

SHOdded

At least the layman's meters will not measure clear coat thickness directly.  Some will measure paint thickness only on metal, while others will work with plastic as well.  Check eBay for reasonably priced meters. 

As far as pads, many options.  Maybe you want microfiber, maybe wool.  Join live2detail.com and ask there.  It is one of the best detailing sites I have seen, lots of quality pros on there. 

ZSHO

Does anyone know what this is ? Take a guess.!! Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Coca cola? Medical intern's coffee? :P

ZSHO

ZSHO

Here in the North east were getting hit pretty hard with freezing rain,snow,ice,blizzard type conditions so please due stay safe and take the necessary precautions my fellow Ecoboosters.  Z