• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

I found a pretty cool article on the Utility PI and more. Z   Edsel Ford II drive's a Taurus SHO, 8)The most obvious change to the PI Utility with the 3.5L EcoBoost V6 is the unique, blocked-off grille. Looks are deceiving. The grille on the 3.7L PI Utility only appears to be open. It, too, is mostly blocked off behind the grille exterior.
The 3.5L EcoBoost Utility did indeed get a taller, higher flow radiator. The trans cooler was raised slightly to be more in the air flow. The radiators and coolers are stacked one on top of the other, vertically rather than sandwiched one behind the other horizontally.
Other than the radiator and cooler changes, and gobs more torque, the 3.5L EcoBoost PI Utility and the 3.7L Ti-VCT PI Utility are virtually the same vehicle. There was some minor software tuning to the transmission calibration, the stability control parameters, and the AWD engagement parameters.   http://www.hendonpub.com/resources/article_archive/results/details?id=4970  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

I hope everyone and there families will be safe and sound from this Hurricane approaching us very soon and please be careful and stay safe and hopefully we will be unscathed at what mother nature brings us.  Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

A lot of evacuations going on from what I hear ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

sholxgt

My parents live right where it's expected to make landfall.  Dad has been working non stop for two days in preparation.  Storm panels up, generator ready with extra fuel, everything brought in from outside, etc.  He even rented a storage unit on higher ground and put my Mom's car in it.

I went through the 3 hurricanes 10 + years ago down there.  They are NOT fun!  This one looks even nastier.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

SHOdded

Hope it dispels quickly and harmlessly!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOdded

So you thought your gauges were precision instruments?  Well let me awaken you, rudely!  Thank goodness the PCM controls combustion a little better than this.

Various 2011- 2015 Vehicles - Cruise Control Speed Setting Display May Not Match Speedometer

Some 2013-2015 Fusion, Taurus, 2011-2015 Explorer, 2013-2014 Edge, Flex, 2013-2015 Lincoln MKS, MKX and 2013-2014 Lincoln MKT, vehicles may exhibit a cruise control
speed that does not match the speedometer speed. The Instrument Panel Cluster (I PC) provides a tolerance which allows the speedometer gauge to display between 3% lower and 7% higher than the actual vehicle speed. This means that with an actual vehicle speed of 96 kmh (60 mph), the speedometer may indicate between 93 kmh (58 mph) and 103 kmh (64 mph), which is normal. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 413-01 Description and Operation, Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC).  If you are outside of this tolerance range, refer to the WSM for normal diagnosis.

sholxgt

Quote from: SHOdded on October 07, 2016, 02:01:28 AM
So you thought your gauges were precision instruments?  Well let me awaken you, rudely!  Thank goodness the PCM controls combustion a little better than this.

Various 2011- 2015 Vehicles - Cruise Control Speed Setting Display May Not Match Speedometer

Some 2013-2015 Fusion, Taurus, 2011-2015 Explorer, 2013-2014 Edge, Flex, 2013-2015 Lincoln MKS, MKX and 2013-2014 Lincoln MKT, vehicles may exhibit a cruise control
speed that does not match the speedometer speed. The Instrument Panel Cluster (I PC) provides a tolerance which allows the speedometer gauge to display between 3% lower and 7% higher than the actual vehicle speed. This means that with an actual vehicle speed of 96 kmh (60 mph), the speedometer may indicate between 93 kmh (58 mph) and 103 kmh (64 mph), which is normal. Refer to Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 413-01 Description and Operation, Instrument Panel Cluster (IPC).  If you are outside of this tolerance range, refer to the WSM for normal diagnosis.

That is simply ridiculous!  I was wondering if my cruise control was faulty or my speedometer because they rarely match.  Guess that's why.

That variance is not acceptable however.  There are plenty of small towns where that difference could cause a ticketable offense.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

SHOdded

Exactly!  That variance might have been acceptable 35 years ago ...  OBD II/GPS here we come!

ZSHO

I know there have been many negative random thoughts regarding issues with Sync connectivity and it being slow and maybe this might help a bit.  LMK.  Z  BCM 5865 – 2011 – 2013 Vehicles – MyTouch Functional Issues Due To Phonebook Content – Contact Volume
Some MyTouch equipped vehicles may experience multiple functional issues such as slow navigation calculations,
displayed time jump or audio popping during initial ignition on cycle. These conditions can be created by the size
of the contact list within the customer's phone book. The amount of data within the contact list can create a
processing problem for the mobile during a key on cycle
. This can be resolved by limiting the number and/or
content within the contact list.
In addition, the automatic phonebook download feature can be set to off by
selecting phone, settings, manage phone book, turn auto phone book off.
Additional phone contacts can be added
by manually re-downloading phone book in that same menu. Recommend following Workshop Manual section
415-00 for additional diagnostics and ensure a master reset is performed.

ZSHO

I went to N.J to fill up my tank yesterday and to my surprise the gas attendant tells me your gas cap is locked and forgot to bring the new key for my new locking gas cap with me but had 1/4 tank of gas left just to make it home,LOL.  Z

SHOdded

Oh yeah, been there before, with wheel locks LOL!

AnotherGreenFusion

Ahh seafoam! Wish I could do this to the Fusion without worrying about the turbo.

! No longer available
'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost

bpd1151

As long as one can overlook any of the blood, guts, gore, and possible brain matter.....

Might be a worthy parts car in the making for anyone living in/around CHI-Town.....

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Usmcsho

I'd take the trunk and tail lights..

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

2011 Platinum Tricoat Metallic nav, BLIS, backup camera, moonroof, Sony Premium Sound. LIvernois Stage 1 with 3 bar map sensor coming soon

ZSHO

Ford performance power pack that does NOT void warranty and its clear as daylight.  Z . Ford Performance is now offering performance-enhancing, warranty-friendly, 50-state-compliant calibrations for 2015 and newer EcoBoost®-equipped Mustang and V8-powered Mustang GT

Ford Performance calibration kit for the 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine boosts peak torque 70 lb.-ft., along with an additional 25 horsepower

Three different performance packages are now available for Mustang GT, providing up to 472 horsepower along with a redline bump and no-lift-shift capability..  DEARBORN, Mich. -- Performance-enhancing calibrations for 2015 and newer Mustang EcoBoost® and Mustang GT now available from Ford Performance Parts provide substantial power gains, are 50-state-compliant and are compatible with the vehicle limited warranty.

The Ford Performance Mustang EcoBoost performance calibration kit for the 2.3-liter EcoBoost engine boosts peak torque 70 lb.-ft. for a total of 390 lb.-ft. of torque, along with a peak 25 horsepower gain for a total of 335 horsepower. Three different performance packages are available for Mustang GT, providing gains of up to 37 horsepower for a peak 472 horsepower in the 5.0-liter V8, while also increasing engine redline and offering no-lift-shift capability.

"Ford Performance Parts is a key part of our product strategy," said Doug White, Ford Performance Parts manager. "Mustang is all about performance, and we know our customers look to us for performance options that are both 50-state-compliant and warranty-friendly."        http://performance.ford.com/enthusiasts/media-room/2016/10/ford-performance-power-packages-now-available-for-ecoboost--and-.html