• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Random thoughts for the day

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 26, 2013, 09:50:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

Apparently the F150 is not the only vehicle suffering IC condensation issues:

Cover Plate partially covering Intercooler must be left intact – 2016 Ford Focus RS
oemdtc July 2, 2016 Info

2016 Focus RS – Cover plate partially covering intercooler must be left intact

2016 Focus RS Intercooler plate which partially covers the intercooler area is necessary for the vehicle.

Do not remove this plate it is required for robust durable function of the vehicle.

Removal may cause water ingestion from normal condensation and result is engine damage.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

This morning after dropping off my kids to school ran into my identical twin and after catching up to him at the light found out it was a 2013 non-PP.....made me wonder if that was the same car i traded in,hmmm.  Z 

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Zorin

"The more that vehicle is on and idling, the more you save," said Tom Kanewske, business development manager for Derive Systems"

ROFL!!!  Bet I could save a ton if I just turned the car off!!!

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

2011PP, Kona Blue, 255/45/20 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 3 Bar, 170 stat, LMS 93+Race Tune with ACES IV, Quantum Blue Fluids.

ZSHO

Quote from: Zorin on September 18, 2016, 09:44:30 AM

"The more that vehicle is on and idling, the more you save," said Tom Kanewske, business development manager for Derive Systems"

ROFL!!!  Bet I could save a ton if I just turned the car off!!!

Definitely funny.....but nothing wrong with informing the community of the latest technologies available on this platform and to contribute.  Z :)

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ZSHO on September 18, 2016, 09:34:17 AM
Derive programmer article on PI vehicles.  Z   http://www.policeone.com/police-products/vehicle-equipment/articles/203094006-How-a-15-minute-fix-can-boost-your-fleets-fuel-economy/                  http://www.policeone.com/police-products/vehicle-equipment/articles/203095006-How-one-Florida-PD-is-saving-nearly-12-percent-on-fuel/
Derive is the parent company of SCT which uses their software.

So for anyone wondering about your tune and warranty, pay close attention to this....

"The software does not affect the manufacturer's warranty, and it utilizes settings already available in the computer system inside the vehicles."

Interesting argument....At first I thought that was just code for "Ford can't tell if you're tuned because we cover our tracks really well", but then it goes on to say the tune can stay on the car for the life of the vehicle.

Did they just tell us how to defend ourselves from tune warranty denial?

Zorin

Lol, nice...

2011PP, Kona Blue, 255/45/20 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 3 Bar, 170 stat, LMS 93+Race Tune with ACES IV, Quantum Blue Fluids.

ZSHO

sholxgt

A lot of stations around me are out of fuel. 

The station I stopped at only had premium left, so no problem for me :D  Hope it gets cleared up soon.  Gas prices have already climbed about $.30/gallon.
Current - 2019 F150 Platinum FX4 3.5 EB
Formerly -2013 MKS Ecoboost Premium
PPE Catted DP's, 170 Reische TS, K&N Drop In, AJP Tune only at track - 12.87@106

SHOdded

Nobody wants the situation to escalate to a post-hurricane sandy or even the 70's (shudder).  Hope they get it fixed (the right way) within a week.  The question is, are there other weak spots waiting their turn?  It's like that with the water pipelines in our area.

slurppie

We keep hearing reports that every thing will be back to normal by mid week (the source probably should have a drug test IMO but we shall see).

sent from my speak n' spell using tin cans and string

2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

92BlackGT

i feel sorry for you guys in the southeast with that gas pipeline break. it happened to phoenix back in '03 and lasted about 2 weeks. they had to truck all the gas up from Tucson and I remember hourly updates on the radio telling which stations had fuel. i only had to wait in line once for about 20 minutes but the biggest shock was the price shooting up to $2 :o
'14 Taurus SHO - non PP, Unleashed E20 tune, 3 bar - 12.91 @ 106.5 mph
'93 Mustang Coupe - AFR 165's, FTI cam, ported Cobra intake - 13.05 @ 105.6 mph

ZSHO

I happen to run into some old photos from one of my favorite shows from back in the day and all the vehicles came from a local Ford dealer. Z                               24 Iconic Ford/Lincoln cars.               http://classiccarlabs.com/2015/12/15/24-iconic-cars-you-probably-missed-on-the-andy-griffith-show/   8)

AnotherGreenFusion

'15 Fusion SE 2.0 AWD
CP-E Cold Side, Hot Side, αIntake, QKspl DP & RMM | Boomba Can | Cordova TB | Synapse Gen III BOV | Levels FMIC | 160* T-Stat | Steeda STB, Sway | Flatout 5700 | SCT by Unleashed/LMS 93v11

PM me for AMSOil @ Cost