• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2014 SHO misfire

Started by SHORunning, March 30, 2015, 05:36:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHORunning

Hey guys,

This is my first post and it is not a good one...  I have been working with Anthony and Steve at Livernois.  Before I added the tune to my car it was fine (I had the LME intake and Corsa exhaust).  I thought I would treat my self three weeks ago and order the rest of the go fast goodies from LME.  I order catless DPS, 3 bar, Tstat, plugs gapped to .30 and tune.  Ever since I have had a hesitation from about 4700rpm to about 5500 then clears up and pulls hard to red line.  Anthony had me get a new set of plugs just to rule out a bad plug still the same issue...  I am not new to turbo cars and modding, my last car was a B5 S4 with RS6 turbos.  I usally do all the work, but got hurt two weeks ago and had to have back surgery. Any help would be great.  Thanks! 
2014 SHO PP 35% Tint

ZSHO

Welcome aboard partner,post some pics of the new ride,how many miles on your SHO do you have.Z.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

Welcome to EBPF, sorry to hear about your back, and the SHO misfiring. 

Are you sure it is a misfire?  Are there any codes set?  Or is it the hesitation behavior that leads you to believe it is a misfire?  It could also be a transmission or fuel injector issue, though it seems too early for a 2014.  How many miles do you have on it, and what services have you done/had done to it?

Check out this recent thread to see if it sounds similar/may help you out:
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,3822.0.html
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHORunning

Thank you for the welcome.  I am not sure it is a misfire, boost leak or tune issue.  It makes me almost feel like it is a combination of a misfire and boost leak.  No codes at all...  The car defiantly hesitates and then pick  up power again.  The car just turned over 13,000 miles all service work has been done at my local Ford dealer.  I will attach a video tonight so everyone can see. 
2014 SHO PP 35% Tint

SHOnUup

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on March 31, 2015, 10:55:11 AM
Maybe clogged cat?

Rich
Rich dont think he has cats buddy,think he has the non-catted DP based on his sig.Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

IHeartGroceries

Perhaps attempt to datalog some PIDs, assumung you have the tools.
Referencing the link above, I can't believe an injector stuck open doesn't cause an MIL. Crazy.
OP, how's your fuel mileage?
2013 SHO PP

SHOdded

Maybe clogged cat?

Rich
Ah, I see!  Scherber said he had ORDERED catless DPS, not INSTALLED them.  Good catch  :P  Would've been a good guess though.
Quote from: IHeartGroceries on March 31, 2015, 11:45:06 AM
Referencing the link above, I can't believe an injector stuck open doesn't cause an MIL. Crazy.
Sure is!  All the incidents where they found leaky injectors, no MIL related to that circumstance.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Quote from: ZSHO on March 31, 2015, 11:44:33 AM
Maybe clogged cat?

Rich
Rich dont think he has cats buddy,think he has the non-catted DP based on his sig.Z
Ahhh, the downfall of tapatalk...no sigs

Could 3rd cat become a victim then without the other 2 to catch/filter the exaust.

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ZSHO

I recall like it was yesterday when i had similiar issues with my car a while back and found the magority of the intake,turbo hoses loose,especially the one by the firewall,by #6 cylinder twards drivers side,due to the heat and sometimes straight from the factory they become loose and causes a boost leak.Z

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on March 31, 2015, 11:54:39 AM
Quote from: ZSHO on March 31, 2015, 11:44:33 AM
Maybe clogged cat?

Rich
Ahhh, the downfall of tapatalk...no sigs

Could 3rd cat become a victim then without the other 2 to catch/filter the exaust.

Rich
Rich doesnt he have the Corsa straight thru exhaust buddy.Z

ZSHO

I guess should do a little less posting and not be intefering between friends posts.Z

SHOdded

So the Corsa catback eliminates the 3rd cat, Z?

SHOnUup

Quote from: ZSHO on March 31, 2015, 12:22:01 PM
I guess should do a little less posting and not be intefering between friends posts.Z
Not seeing sig I question ?'ed it...never know if all the mods get put on at once, and is a general question as I'm about to put on catless pipes in the near future.

Rich

ZSHO