• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Picked up 14 SHO ...

Started by 14 TUX BL, March 30, 2015, 05:05:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

14 TUX BL

Was an exec rental with 28k on the odo, got it for a great price!

Wilson

You can never go wrong with Tuxedo Black! Nice pick up and welcome aboard!
2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

SHOdded

Welcome to EBPF, congrats on the '14 SHO!  Ford/SHO history?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Welcome aboard partner,and good luck with the sweet lookin ride,and any questions you may have always feel free to ask.Z

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

14 TUX BL

Thanks everyone!

If I have any questions, I'll be sure to ask. I almost did that tonight after driving my car today and having the steering wheel jerk/vibrate in my hand. Thank goodness I found out I had the lane assist on and that was the culprit.

Regarding my car history, I've been a Mustang guy for almost 35 years. But living in the northeast, I had enough and said I needed something that was Ford, had AWD, and was fast. Enter the SHO. lol

Here's some of what I've owned (all bought new except for the '69):

1969 Mustang Mach 1 S Code (390/auto)
1982 Mustang GT
1983 Mustang GT
1985 Mustang GT
1993 Mustang LX 5.0
1995 Mustang Cobra
2011 Mustang V6 auto (14.2@99 bone stock)
2012 Mustang GT
2013 Focus ST
2013 Mustang GT Prem

SHOdded

Hope you continue that strong legacy with Ford products, that's quite a list :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

14 TUX BL

Thank you sir, you can bet on it!

SHOnUup

Welcome to the neighborhood!

Nice looking SHO you picked up.  You have any future modifications planned for the mighty land yacht? Simple 3bar tune, tstat combo will set you up to break most people's hearts from light to light on the roadways.

Great list of Mustangs!!! The Ford, force, is strong in this one!

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

MDesign Performance

Welcome!

Seems like this will be your first V6 twin turbo vehicle, the boost bug will bite hard!
2011 MKS EcoBoost: MDesign Carbon Cold Air Intake; SP-534 Plugs; Power Stop C/S Rotors

sales@mdesignperformance.com
www.mdesignperformance.com
www.facebook.com/MDesignPerformance

14 TUX BL

Thanks SHOnUup and MDesign!

My days of modding cars ended a long time ago. Times used to be I brought home new a Stang and already had parts for it sitting on the floor. lol But my warranty is important to me, so mods that are worthwhile (like tuning) are out.

Finally got a decent day for pics, here's one ...

SHOdded

Very nice, love the composition.

IHeartGroceries

I feel you on the modding. I've had my fill there. And then the hassle of stocking out a havily modded car...

Now, the key is to get something older and make it a hobby. Like, a late 90s or early 2000s Muatsng or something. An NA Miata...

Or, my cup of tea, a classic. A 60s model whatever and focus your mod bug there. :)

Congrats on the purchase and welcome.
2013 SHO PP

PokerMunkee

Welcome!

I hear you on heavily modded cars.  Been there done that.

I kept my SHO stock for the first year to make sure no major issues came up.  Had a few things replaced under warranty, drivetrain related was just the hubs.  She now has 19K miles and just ordered a tune yesterday.  I'll be swapping out spark plugs this weekend and installing the Corsa catback exhaust.  Then I'll throw on the 3BAR sensor and tune!  That's good for mid/high 12's, good enough for me.  After warranty is up, I'll throw on some down pipes in another 1-2 years. 

If warranty issues come up, I'll just remove 3BAR and flash back to stock.  If it's a major engine failure, I'll be really nervous but I think the odds of that happening are slim to none.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

14 TUX BL

Quote from: SHOdded on March 31, 2015, 12:49:30 PM
Very nice, love the composition.

Thanks a bunch (I didn't even notice the interesting condition of the pavement when I was taking the pic).

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on March 31, 2015, 03:22:50 PM
I feel you on the modding. I've had my fill there. And then the hassle of stocking out a havily modded car...

Now, the key is to get something older and make it a hobby. Like, a late 90s or early 2000s Muatsng or something. An NA Miata...

Or, my cup of tea, a classic. A 60s model whatever and focus your mod bug there. :)

Congrats on the purchase and welcome.

I just retired, am doing volunteer work to keep me busy. Going to follow the KISS principle and keep things to one car! 

Quote from: PokerMunkee on March 31, 2015, 03:30:29 PM
Welcome!

I hear you on heavily modded cars.  Been there done that.

I kept my SHO stock for the first year to make sure no major issues came up.  Had a few things replaced under warranty, drivetrain related was just the hubs.  She now has 19K miles and just ordered a tune yesterday.  I'll be swapping out spark plugs this weekend and installing the Corsa catback exhaust.  Then I'll throw on the 3BAR sensor and tune!  That's good for mid/high 12's, good enough for me.  After warranty is up, I'll throw on some down pipes in another 1-2 years. 

If warranty issues come up, I'll just remove 3BAR and flash back to stock.  If it's a major engine failure, I'll be really nervous but I think the odds of that happening are slim to none.

Thank you!

You're probably right about major problems being rare, but I purchased a Ford extended ESP warranty with the car so I think she's gonna stay stock.

Night Hawk

2017 Fusion Sport
GFB DivValve/165* Thermo
K&N Panel/CFM Breather
Ult Perf Int Garrett Core/MKZ oil cooler
FMS 70mm TB/ NGK .026/LMS V6 93