• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Does dirt stick to your paint more than most cars?

Started by sunwolf, March 24, 2015, 05:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunwolf

All the cars in my signature are black except the Bimmer. My brother and I can wash, clay, and wax the SHO, both F-150's, and the Gator and after letting them sit overnight the SHO will always pick up more dust. This is strange to me because the ecoboost and the Gator both have the same Tuxedo black as the SHO. The other f-150 has jet black. Anyone else notice their black paint gathering more than others?
2014 Taurus SHO Black Performance Pack LMS tune 3bar tstat downpipes
2008 BMW M6 Convertible SMG
2008 F-150 XLT 4x4 5.4L
2011 F-150 Ecoboost Crew Cab 4x4
2012 Lincoln Navigator L 4x4

SHOnUup

Even the dust likes sitting on the SHO...lol

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

BiGMaC

Black always shows dust and dirt easily... Many finsh products attract dust making it work.  This is one of the reasons I had my car coated... Nothing sticks.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

J-Will

Black cars show dirt, chips and swirl marks more than any other color.

There are some products on the market that claim to repel dirt, by various ways: negative static charge; PH neutral, etc. I have found they typically don't work. That goes for Adams products (undercarriage spray works very well, but it is specifically designed to repel dirt in wheel wells), which I am a huge fan!!
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

BiGMaC

Quart finest coating won't attract dust... my trial is 16 months in the desert living on an unpaved dirt road without stabilizers..... I find the same true of Aerospace 303 for wheel wells... get which ever on is cheaper, but do you wheel wells especially on a black car!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock