• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2014 Taurus SHO - Stunning Dyno Results Baseline + K&N

Started by 14SHOCAR, March 20, 2015, 04:09:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JCam550

Quote from: 14SHOCAR on March 29, 2015, 06:00:44 PM
3. The Mdesign results I am not super impressed. The filter on the K&N pass had SIGNIFICANT soot on it. My test was right from the K&N factory -- right out of the box. In the Mdesign video, the average peak HP was below 300 every run and a comparable amount of torque. I'm strongly thinking the soot has something to do with those numbers. With the new MDesign Intake, they measured 310 HP on their run, which was my lowest run even with the stock intake. Also my dyno pulls were in my top gear (6th). I think these runs in this test were run too quickly and not in the top gear to really judge what the output of the motor. The torque numbers were all over the place. You had a few 400's 380s and 330s... I'm very confused what's up with such a large number discrepancy. Just making observations.

Just wondering... aren't dyno pulls supposed to be made in the 1:1 gear which is usually 4th gear?  Wouldn't 6th gear create skewed results?
2010 SHO - Tuxedo Black, 402a, non-PP, Unleashed 93 Octane, 3 Bar, 170 T Stat, 534 plugs, MDesign intake, BOV VTA, 5% window tint all around, 2013 fender badges, Snow Stage 2 water/meth, JLT catch can, Amsoil fluids, Tommy Z grille, H&R Springs

FoMoCoSHO

So I thought a lot about this thread and put mine on the 2015....

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,4792.0.html

Oem intake post 1, Typhoon post 3.

results have been interesting and confounding to say the least.

:banghead: