• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Hey Guys!!

Started by darreli, June 24, 2013, 04:40:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darreli

I believe the majority of guys  (or gals) know who I am, and I'm glad to be over on the forum. We've obviously have had a couple issues. The guys over on Shoforum didn't so much like the Gen 4 guys, then there was the falling out of guys between 2 tuners or whatever the heck happened on the other forum (which I chose not to be a part of). This site seems to be technically better and the guys here are great.

For those who dont know me, I took delivery of a Ingot Silver SHO back in January of 2011 and the mods started with 400 miles on the odo...the guys over at Livernois developed their tunes based on my car, I believe I was the first to install methanol, had the quickest car for a little bit, now trying to get that title back. Had some traction issues last fall and never could quite hit the 11's

As far as the car goes, just turned 60,000 miles and the car is still running strong. Like I said, it was tuned at 400 miles so for those wondering about longevity, there it is. I've had probably several hundred quarter miles passes now without the slightest hiccup.

In addition to the tune, I have a "CAI" (i use that term loosely) from Hennessey, LMS catted downpipes with Corsa catback. A 170 degree Tstat and radiator from Torrie, Alky Control Methanol injection in which I run 100% methanol, H&R springs, TSW Interlagos wheels and currently running 255/45/20 Nitto NT05's...oh and forgot this the first time around. Upgraded turbos from TialSport here in Michigan.

Again, glad to be a part of the community!

EcoPowerParts

Thanks for joining! I appreciate any inputs you can have towards the ecoboosting upgrades :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SHOdded

Welcome, darreli!  Glad to see you on here.  I think shoforum folks are warming up to Gen 4's now.  It took some time, I think, mainly due to sticker shock.  True, nobody should have expected a SHO for $20K+, but nobody was expecting $40+ :)  The generation "gap" didn't help either!  Now they are seeing that Gen 4 owners are also enthusiasts, and while the old mechanical upgrades still apply, there is a lot more scope with the computers and electronics onboard.  Folks like you and BPD Mike and 4DR Mike keep pushing the envelope, so I am sure the time will come when the SHO community will be cohesive once again.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

DJE624

Thanks for joining.  I hope to learn a great deal from you!