• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Christmas in June!?

Started by darreli, June 24, 2013, 04:26:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

darreli

Look what the little brown truck brought me...

It's Circle D's HP Street 10" convertor! This isnt out on the market yet, but I will be testing it and giving them feedback.  It has a 500-600 higher stall and heavy duty clutch linings as well as some other beefed up parts. It will be going in tomorrow or Wednesday and I'll let you guys know what I think.

According to Chris (Circle D) it will hopefully pick up 2 tenths in the 1/4 mile which is all I need to put me solidly into the 11's.

Those guys have been great over there..

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: darreli on June 24, 2013, 04:26:14 PM
Look what the little brown truck brought me...

It's Circle D's HP Street 10" convertor! This isnt out on the market yet, but I will be testing it and giving them feedback.  It has a 500-600 higher stall and heavy duty clutch linings as well as some other beefed up parts. It will be going in tomorrow or Wednesday and I'll let you guys know what I think.

According to Chris (Circle D) it will hopefully pick up 2 tenths in the 1/4 mile which is all I need to put me solidly into the 11's.

Those guys have been great over there..

Awesome!!! Thanks for sharing.
I invited him to the forum, let him know he can vendor for FREEEEEEE :)
I'm interested too eventually as long as it doesn't impact driveability.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SHOdded

Nice!  Maybe they can also provide input on the weak points in the drivetrain, mechanical or otherwise.  Really could use help cracking the Transmission programming to make it hot rodder friendly :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

I couldn't help but notice when clicking on the image you posted, that it has the name "stamper" written on the outer shell......

Should this be interpreted as being your very own personal line of TC's marketed through Circle D?

darreli

Quote from: bpd1151 on June 24, 2013, 05:06:22 PM
I couldn't help but notice when clicking on the image you posted, that it has the name "stamper" written on the outer shell......

Should this be interpreted as being your very own personal line of TC's marketed through Circle D?

That would be nice...however...I think they were just trying to make me feel special :)

EcoBrick Bob

Chris Sehorn at Circle D (owner) has an Explorer Sport.  I'm sure he has been a lurker.

This shouldn't affect driveability on the street at all.  The only issue is that one may need even stickier tires as your launch will likely be at between 2,500 & 3,000 RPM.  Hooking up at launch should lower one's 60 ft to low 1.8 or even lower, especially in the lighter weight SHO.
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

darreli

So...bad news on the the converter. It was the wrong part number :( I guess his ford contact said all the transmissions had the same converter..not the case. As you see above, he built one with 3 lugs...the SHO (only one I know for sure) has 4

So I overnighted him the factory one..he said he should be able to turn it around in 2 days..3 at the most...hoping to have it back by Friday.

The other thing is the cost when completed will be more than expected. The TC he obtained was only 2-300 bucks...the correct part number is 700

Only good news out of the whole thing is the coilovers should be here Wednesday and since the car is down and apart...I'll be able to confirm fitment quickly

EcoPowerParts

Bad luck on the converter difference, looking forward to the coilovers.
Is that converter good for the Flex then?
:biggrin:
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

darreli

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on July 08, 2013, 03:48:33 PM
Bad luck on the converter difference, looking forward to the coilovers.
Is that converter good for the Flex then?
:biggrin:

I dont know? It might be....can you find out the part number? Or figure out if it has 3 lugs or 4? If it fits...there might be one around...hahaha

EcoPowerParts

AA5Z7902B is the part # for my Flex - $639.57 + 70 core from the local dealer.

Just curious since yours is apart, is there any way to peak at the converter like the old Chevy tranny access plate?
:)
www.ecopowerparts.com -

darreli

Hmmm....the part number on the SHO is the same except the B is an A, but the price is consistent with the correct part number. The one he sent me originally only cost him a couple hundred bucks.

I would like to find out what that converter actually fits...Chris (Circle D) would too! :)

EcoPowerParts

I wonder if it's for the NA 3.5L motors.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

EcoPowerParts

Because the car on the lift tonight the car has a 3 bolt converter

Sent from my phone with lots of misspelled words...

www.ecopowerparts.com -