• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

CQuart Finest Coating March 2015 Update

Started by BiGMaC, March 15, 2015, 12:02:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

OK... For about 16 months the Cquart Finest Coating has been on my SHO now. (I decided to put this up before the DRL final post)...  The car is a '13 SHO bought new and has never been waxed. I have never used a quick detail or other FS product. This car is a daily driver spending 10-12 hours a day out in the AZ desert sun plus I live on an unpaved road.  Other than the coating, I do wipe her down every 3-4 months with another CarPro product called Reload which is a milder version of the CQuart finest and costs about $3 to do the entire car and wheels.  I decontaminate the paint very 3-4 months before doing the reload.  I do the paint and complete exterior decontamination with my foam cannon using Iron-X ($5 per use) before washing (No touch!).  The theory is that the contaminants embedded in the paint leave micropits in the finish when removed and the Reload fills them with the same quartz silica polymer (bonds to the coating chemically!) to keep a flat reflective crystal clear finish. I did have a complete paint and plastic correction before applying to fix all the paint damage dealers do to car finishes... that's posted here too.

There is an update a year ago here and also Wills did an engine detail at that time: http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,2351.msg63752.html#msg63752

You can use the pics to make your own judgement.

This is a coating, not a paint sealant and is warranted for 2 years. Coatings must be mechanically removed... the car is ceramic coated, literally. Nothing sticks to it and it doesn't attract dust.  For any interested there is a consumer version of Quart ($75), and if you want a certified applier to put the pro version on figure about $200-$250)...Worth it to me! Factory certified Cquart Finest appliers can be found on this map if you're interested: http://www.cqfinest.com/where-to-buy.html ...Just click on the pins and all the info comes up for each one.

As always: Many thanks to Wills Amstutz and his sister Dana of Windows and Wheels Detailing for providing excellent service and introducing me to this product.  Next month I am going to have them steam clean, remove small interior plastic scratches and detail the entire interior... and then apply the CQuart Finest interior protection... which is amazing..the interior fabric and leather feels completely normal to the touch (I got to feel it applied), but like the paint coating, nothing sticks (liquid runoff angle is about 5 degrees... if you want to see something amazing check out the video on the interior protection that Wills posted here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/CQuartz-Finest-of-Arizona/513200072094390 ... I won't have to dress the interior anymore!... It's guaranteed for 2 years like the exterior coating...just damp cloth wipe and dust the AC vents.

I don't see any deterioration in the finish other than a couple of rock chips I repaired. You'l notice that there are no "halos" on the highlights... that's because there are no spiders!  You can see how the tux black metal flake really pops... And the reflectivity of the paint is equal to the glass... not seeing a difference in this area is one of my benchmarks...

Well here's the pics... left click to enlarge any one or all...

Here's the roof and sunroof... glass and paint have the same reflectivity still!

This is the hood and the reflection in it.. notice the metal flake pop! Also notice the highlight has no halo or other sign of spiders.

Here's the back end... and me  (the Walter white look-alike, LOL

Here's the left side from the front... notice the highlights have no halos!... also notice the function of the new DRLS with the engine off because of opening the door (I really will post all that stuff soon!)

...And here's the left side from the rear

A right side rear view... still no spiders

And finally a right side from the front view...

Bottom line... 16 months into this and no sign of failure.  I am a believer. The oldest Cquart Finest coating I have seen is about 4 years and it sticks looks great..btw, it rates on the moms hardness scale...
I know detailing is a mind resting activity, but for me I want the time back and I don't miss waxing.  I'll spend the time with keeping the undercarriage, engine bay, and wheel wells detailed!... I'm excited about the interior detail and CQuart... more time for me and less Aerospace 303 used.... Wills will have to take pics on that as I will have to leave the car overnight.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOnUup

Oh the shine!

Please use the sunglasses while viewing these pictures!

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Txstrmhntr

I wish i would have done something like this, i have swirls pretty much everywhere i look. Not noticeable till your upclose in the sunlight but they are there. Anyway to fix all that and then get this done?
OLD
2013 Taurus SHO with PP, LET Tuned, ATP+2 Turbos ,PPE Hotpipes, PPE off road DP's,  Alky control methanol injection
NEW-- 2016 Kona Blue Fiesta ST, Stock(not for long)

BiGMaC

Quote from: Txstrmhntr on March 24, 2015, 02:57:48 AM
I wish i would have done something like this, i have swirls pretty much everywhere i look. Not noticeable till your upclose in the sunlight but they are there. Anyway to fix all that and then get this done?
If you've got swirls then you should have a paint correction before any coating.  Don't wanna seal the swirls in!  If they're not bad maybe just one step with a very mind polish like Reflect and a non-cutting foam pad... You'll want a good DA polisher if you do it yourself..... My SHO was brand new and just being washed on the dealer lot wrecked the finish with spiders which took about 60 person hours to fix (OC, perfect).   There is a link to an interactive map showing CQuart Finest applicators in my first post this thread... Or you can buy the consumer version of CQuart on the CarPro website and other places.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

jtoddk98

I was just quoted $800 to do my car with the finest and paint correction

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

BiGMaC

Quote from: jtoddk98 on March 24, 2015, 10:11:07 AM
I was just quoted $800 to do my car with the finest and paint correction

Good price... I paid $950 over a year ago... that did include doing the flower wheel and the exterior plastic, plus FlyBy30 on the glass.

jtoddk98

Ah, ok. That's a whole lot of money for some paint protection, you'd be well on your way to having enough to resonating the whole car if you did this cquartz process twice.

2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

ZSHO

I guess if you planning to keep your car it seems to be a wise choice and not to many investments or upgrades pay off for themselves,wish i had it done a while back besides the clear hood protector which i was considering but never had the chance.Z.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

Considering the 3m bra runs about $300-400 and only covers maybe 15% of the car...$800 seems like a great price to price for paint correction and the satisfaction of protecting entire car.

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on March 24, 2015, 11:07:44 AM
Considering the 3m bra runs about $300-400 and only covers maybe 15% of the car...$800 seems like a great price to price for paint correction and the satisfaction of protecting entire car.

Rich
X2 ON THAT,also heard the clear bra is kind of a pita to install,BTW had the clear protectors for the headlight covers and foglight great investment though.Z.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

jtoddk98

I think I have decided on doing the regular Cquartz. I can get the whole kit with the reload for $124 not bad. I wouldn't mind reapplying every year. Sure beats waxing my car every month and a hand wash every week. I'd much rather spray the car down with my pressure washer, dry it off, and call it a day.

ZSHO

I must say that deep finish shine really makes the black metallic paint really stand out on BiGMaC car,tad bit jealous.Z.

SHOnUup

BigMac's pictures have convinced my buddy that just picked up his Hellcat to go with this also. He always bought the 3m bras and had them installed for around $600. He was in awe of the shine after 16 months.

Rich

ZSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on March 24, 2015, 11:38:25 AM
BigMac's pictures have convinced my buddy that just picked up his Hellcat to go with this also. He always bought the 3m bras and had them installed for around $600. He was in awe of the shine after 16 months.

Rich
BTW never liked BRA'S on her anyway.Z.

SHOnUup

Quote from: ZSHO on March 24, 2015, 11:44:42 AM
Quote from: SHOnUup on March 24, 2015, 11:38:25 AM

Rich
BTW never liked BRA'S on her anyway.Z.
I felt the same way. But after seeing his clear 3m bra on the Charger srt he had. I almost bought one. Looked real clean.

Rich