• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Front end creaking

Started by zamirlihari, March 10, 2015, 05:12:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

The past couple of days noticed a creaking sound coming from front drivers side which is barely noticeable but only on harsh bumps,made an appt with my service advisor and said to bring it in tommorrow morning,also probably have them check the annoying brake squeal coming from the front also,the car is full of salt maybe will have them wash it up.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

AJP turbo

I would try taking the 3 bar off and return to stock and see if it persists.....never mind don't do that lol
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

SHOdded

Sounds like a strut starting to go, but it's too early isn't it, Z?  Motor mounts haven't been a problem with this platform, so far.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

panther427

Usually it's bushing related. Sway bars.  Lower control arms. End links. Could be a faulty strut too. Sometime you can fix it with some lithium grease from a spray can if it's a bushing or gel you narrow down the cause of the issue
2013 SHO

ZSHO

Quote from: ajpturbo on March 10, 2015, 06:25:49 PM
I would try taking the 3 bar off and return to stock and see if it persists.....never mind don't do that lol
I am warning you A.J,one more joke and i am going to take your wideband gauge away from you,LOL.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

Thanks -MANU and Panther,figured it was probably strut assembly related,see what happens tommorrow,will keep you updated.Z.

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

IHeartGroceries

Upper strut mount bushing or control arm bushings.

My Mazda creaks front the front end. Annoying. But, I'll leave it alone until it starts popping or clunking. XD
2013 SHO PP

SHOnUup

The truck was squeaking like this a few days ago. It was horrible sounding. Scheduled a visit with my mechanic, of course that morning it completely went away on its own. Hope yours does the same.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ZSHO

I just came back from the dealer and had the car inspected by the senior tech which is a buddy of mine and found no evidence of any noise present,could of been weather related,as for the squeak coming from the front,they found a slight rust ridge forming on the inside of the front rotors,at 22k the oem pads had plenty of meat left,also recall for door handle inspection was performed,had to order the passenger rear interior door handle which failed inspection,which he also mentioned not only will you have issues opening your door from the inside but also you wont be able to open the door from the outside to get in,an important factor to keep in mind,also this is a recall so it doesnt matter if you have warranty or not,get those handles inspected especially if you have kids,as a safety standpoint,hope this helps someone.Z.

JagerBomb

As far as motor mounts go, are there any upgraded replacements for our SHOs or is it just what ford offers? 
2013 SHO PP - LMS V8 93 Tune, 3 Bar, LMS Catted DP's - SOLD

2015 Explorer Sport - In need of mods.

2010 Jeep SRT8 with a ProCharger and lots of boost!

SHOdded

OEM only so far.  No pursuit of "performance" mounts like going from rubber to polyurethane.

CroR1

Had my lancer do the same thing, a week ago, I dropped the new struts, strut mounts, and lowering springs all the way around, and it drives like new again. No more creaking noise. It was annoying.

JagerBomb

Quote from: SHOdded on July 27, 2015, 07:04:07 PM
OEM only so far.  No pursuit of "performance" mounts like going from rubber to polyurethane.
Bummer. 
2013 SHO PP - LMS V8 93 Tune, 3 Bar, LMS Catted DP's - SOLD

2015 Explorer Sport - In need of mods.

2010 Jeep SRT8 with a ProCharger and lots of boost!