• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Deatschwerks Developing EcoBoost Injectors In Time For 2015 Mustang

Started by FoMoCoSHO, March 09, 2015, 11:53:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

AJP turbo

Doesn't fix the fuel pressure dropping and that's the real problem...that is a bandaid attempt that many people opt for to mask or when some aren't aware of the underlying pressure problem
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ajpturbo on March 10, 2015, 12:14:41 AM
Doesn't fix the fuel pressure dropping and that's the real problem...that is a bandaid attempt that many people opt for to mask or when some aren't aware of the underlying pressure problem
I have read some data indicating E-85 has a higher viscosity than straight gas which translates into friction and backpressure.

If this can relieve some stess on the pump, I'm all for it.

FoMoCoSHO

Livernois has also alluded to the excessive sulfer in US gas slowing down the fuel system as well, and I think it is part of the puzzle.

Looks like we may all get a FRP boost shortly...

"The proposed standards will reduce gasoline sulfur levels by more than 60 percent – down to 10 parts per million (ppm) in 2017"

http://ethanolproducer.com/articles/9709/epa-tier-3-rules-lower-sulfur-content-assume-e15-to-replace-e10

Airbornemaikai

Dated Jan 21st 2014. What ever happened with this as the mustangs are already selling?
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

SHOnUup

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

IHeartGroceries

Have to say, I find fueling limitations significantly less attributable to emission based qualities than to mechanical deficiencies.
Already, sulfur caps are fairly low. And it's like alot of the other mandates, real values are generally maintained low, in order to keep a nice cushion from mandated caps. For example, sulfur in ULSD stays considerably lower than the standard 15 ppm cap. I believe LSD has now been fully phased out and transitioned to ULSD, 15 ppm or less.

Gasoline is similar. I've never seen more than 30 ppm in the RFG around here. Though, our PQI standards don't require regular sulfur analysis in any but diesel fuel.

Also, if you want to maintain high lubricity in gas, always buy premium branded. Shell, for example, has the highest treat rate of their additive in their VPower. Additive, in addition to detergent priperties, lubricates and offers anti-gumming agents and other qualities as well. Seeing as ethanol in fuel is pure alcohol, with a denaturant and no additive, I'm not sure how it offers much lubricity.
2013 SHO PP

FoMoCoSHO

I always run shell 93 as my base fuel. But as the E goes up, frp gets harder to maintain so there are physical properties of the corn that cause the slowdown.

AJP turbo

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 10, 2015, 06:25:31 PM
I always run shell 93 as my base fuel. But as the E goes up, frp gets harder to maintain so there are physical properties of the corn that cause the slowdown.

Fomo that's not the reason...as ethanol concentration goes up so does the fuel demand...you need more fuel to maintain your commanded lambda...that's why fuel economy suffers on e85...stoich for e85 is very low...9 something in afr I think...

It's why if your fuel system was at the edge of capacity on gas you have no prayer of running e85

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ajpturbo on March 10, 2015, 06:30:33 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on March 10, 2015, 06:25:31 PM

Fomo that's not the reason...as ethanol concentration goes up so does the fuel demand...you need more fuel to maintain your commanded lambda...that's why fuel economy suffers on e85...stoich for e85 is very low...9 something in afr I think...

It's why if your fuel system was at the edge of capacity on gas you have no prayer of running e85
I understand demand goes up. But as the E goes up pump output decreases. So double jeopardy. You can see this behavior in logs, min and max fuel pressure.

It is easier to pump 93 through the system than the corn.

AJP turbo

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ajpturbo on March 10, 2015, 06:50:46 PM
What are u logging to see pump output?
Commanded pump pressure
Actual pump pressure
furl rail pressure

AJP turbo

I'd have to see it....I would say the pump pressure is also related to the high fuel demand....What is the pump duty cycle?

When fuel demand is high the pressure will fall everywhere

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ajpturbo on March 10, 2015, 07:08:34 PM
I'd have to see it....I would say the pump pressure is also related to the high fuel demand....What is the pump duty cycle?

When fuel demand is high the pressure will fall everywhere
Don't know on the duty cycle, I will add it to the parameters.

So basically what you are saying is it is draining the rail?

One thing is for sure, I will let the Mustang and ST guys find out the results before I drop a grand on injectors.