• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Early planning 2014 Ford Nationals - Carlisle

Started by EcoPowerParts, June 23, 2013, 02:26:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

2011TAURUSSEL

Greetings........despite the title name I am the 2013 SEL.    No E/B here I definitely want to input some information for Carlisle 2014.    I plan on being there, and I think that with enough people we could get the tent at a low cost.  As it gets closer we could designate attendees for items like grills, plates, food, condiments, etc.....

OldGoatSHO

seeing as how i live 15 minutes from Carlisle, count on my being there!  :chay:

Just got my 2012 sho 2 weeks ago, and i am head over heels in lust.

SHOdded

Welcome & congrats, OGSHO!  We are still in the preliminary stages of figuring out the setup for Carlisle.  Club name, tent, etc. 

JUNE 6-8, 2014
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

mjhpadi

I thought it was all settled that we were all going to register under Liberty SHO Club, that way we can group all the SHO's together, since a lot of us all also members of Taurus Car Club of America, also we can meet the 25 car requirement.  I assumed that most of us new gen guys would try to park together, but we wanted to welcome all generations and if we do get a Ecoboost Performance Banner, then the non-SHO guys could also park with us....
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)
Replaced by 2020 Hertiage Edition GT-350

SHOdded

I hadn't heard any yea's or nay's, Mark, hence my ?.  I am most agreeable to your arrangement, that is the best way to include everyone.  Now waiting for that $10 discount to show up :)  As far as the banner(s) are concerned, do you think we should do separate banners or a combined banner with mentions of all participating clubs?  Size limits/costs?

2011TAURUSSEL

mjhpadi

Oh no problem, as far as banners go, my first thought is that we should have an individual banner. If we have an Ecoboost Performance Banner, and some one needs it for an event we could ship it to whoever can use it.  I think size wise we should keep it reasonable. (And I'm just throwing this size out for discussion) probably in the neighborhood of 2' x 7'.  Cost...Mike (4DR) said something about having it made, and if he is still planning on doing that, I really think the design on the banner and cost should be up to him.  My only input would be get a banner that will last a few seasons...it would be a shame to get one made that falls apart within one or two uses. Lastly, if each club has it's own banner, they would be able to use it at any other events and I just think it would make the banners more flexible for the clubs.
2010 Candy Red SHO, Livernois Stage 4 Tune, Airaid CAI, Tinted Headlamps & Tails, LED Interior Lighting, LED Running Lights, LED Puddle and License Plate Lamps, LED DRL's, Window Tint, Rear Window Spoiler, V3 Triton Switchback Running Lights, Colgan Bra, Ford Racing Gauges (oil pressure, oil temperature, boost/vacuum)

mjs3891

I would like to be a part of this. We will be at Carlisle with our 2004 Mustang and for 2014 I also plan on bringing our 2013 SHO.

bpd1151

So I've confirmed over this past weekend, that my 2014 family vacation plans, which will bring us to Punta Cana in the Dominican Republic for 7 nights, 8 days WILL NOT conflict with the dates proposed for the Nationals.

As such, I would like to know if any of you have thought about actual arrival times AHEAD of the scheduled event dates, and what, if anything, some of you have considered as far as travel time(s) etc.?

I would like to pencil in some type of pre-event arrangements, and may be interested in helping coordinate a caravan/convoy of Chicagoland and/or MidWest folks.....

I'm also thinking that I may NOT want to place all the extra miles back/forth on my SHO, & may, I stress MAY, try to finagle some type of trailer for my beast. But that'd be an added expense on top of what would already be gas, hotels, food, entertainment, etc.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 6

bamsho

Just sent a message to Event planning at Carlisle for 2014 FORD Nationals.  I asked them if they have heard anything from FORD if they are planning to do anything for the 25th anniv of the Taurus SHO.  I told them people are planning vacations for next yr.  So hopefully will here something back from them this week.  Sorry this has been on the back burner right now, working on getting rear axle replaced in Expedition  :banghead:
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

SHOdded

Anyone have any recommendations for lodging at/near Carlisle?  A quick search on hotels.com shows a Days Inn at $76/night right now, most are at/above $100/night.  Of course, POSSIBLY cheaper rates could be had closer to event time.  Enough interest to get a block of rooms?

mjhpadi

I am about 65-75 minutes from Carlisle, and if you guys want me to check on rooms in my area, I can do that. I don't think you will find cheaper rates closer to the event, as these motels are normally booked from year to year, much like the Reading area the week of the NHRA National Event held the past weekend.  But I am far enough away that are motels do not upcharge this weekend, and it's still not to far to drive to the event.  I also am willing to check out motels that are closer to Carlisle, but as you get closer, most of them are aware of the Carlisle event schedule and price accordingly.  I'm willing to do leg work if anyone wants me to check out anything, just let me know...

SHOdded

It'd be about 3.5 hrs out to Lewisburg, PA from my location, so definitely interested.

bamsho

Well got a reply back from Carlisle, well its bad and but little bright spot.  Here is there reply.

Hi Brian,

Thanks for contacting us.  We have been in many talks with Ford regarding the 2014 and 2015 Events in recent weeks.  No talks have really come up about them pushing an SHO Agenda here as the 50 Years of Mustang will be the primary agenda they are pushing at major events.  We will be putting together a 50 Years of Mustang Display as well as a 110 Years of Ford Motor Company display along with a Womens Invitational.  Not sure if there is interest from the SHO community in doing maybe a Tent or Display celebration on their portion of the field but we are open to that if they are interested.  Any questions please let me know.

Best Regards,

Ken Appell
Event Manager

Carlisle Ford Nationals

Carlisle Performance and Style

1000 Bryn Mawr Road
Carlisle, PA 17013
ph: 717.243.7855 x116
fax: 717.243.0255
www.CarlisleEvents.com

KenA@CarlisleEvents.com

Guess its up to us now.  I'll be on the other forums putting this info up.

Brian
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.