• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

PPE Downpipes Install and Dyno Results

Started by BiGMaC, March 04, 2015, 11:50:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

I originally put this thread in another area... just putting a link where it probably should be for people to find it.  Please note that Ecoboost performance Parts was the previous name of EcoPower Parts...Mike is still the owner.

The install tips and pics are here and dyno results are close: http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,2054.msg28591.html#msg28591

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

IHeartGroceries

Maybe I missed it but...

Is there a plot to look at? The peak numbers aren't huge, but if you're producing even more tq down low and spooling quicker, that's a nice, worthwhile improvement.
2013 SHO PP

BiGMaC

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on March 04, 2015, 03:47:27 PM
Maybe I missed it but...

Is there a plot to look at? The peak numbers aren't huge, but if you're producing even more tq down low and spooling quicker, that's a nice, worthwhile improvement.

The earlier spooling of the turbos is the most significant advantage for performance... OEM they spooled about 2100-2200 rpm... with PPE DPs they spool about 1600-1700rpm shifting the useable power curve (WHP and TQ) to start at lower rpm/speed... spike on the dyno showed it... and definitely noted in my butt dyno. It lends the effect of improved throttle response. Now with the MDesign CAI I hear the turbos starting to spool at 1100-1200 rpm... don't think it changed, just think I can hear it now.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

SHOdded

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on March 04, 2015, 03:47:27 PM
Maybe I missed it but...

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,2054.msg28342.html#msg28342
First up is stock vs catless

catted vs catless pipes
]
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

IHeartGroceries

Holy smokes! Nice improvement down low, and at the top of the powerband. Although, some rather unusual troughs appearing. Or is that when the throttle was let up?
2013 SHO PP

BiGMaC

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on March 04, 2015, 05:30:07 PM
Holy smokes! Nice improvement down low, and at the top of the powerband. Although, some rather unusual troughs appearing. Or is that when the throttle was let up?

Throttle let up was at about 6500-6700 rpm.  Mike, Jeremy, and I all interpreted it as let up and the factory tune limitations... this was done when my SHO was factory tuned.

IHeartGroceries

Nice! Thanks for sharing! Yet another horrible influence on my pocketbook. I may have to quit this forum. XD
2013 SHO PP

BiGMaC

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on March 04, 2015, 05:38:52 PM
Nice! Thanks for sharing! Yet another horrible influence on my pocketbook. I may have to quit this forum. XD
I know what you mean... got my scars... LOL

Gray Brick

What were the mods on the car when this was performed?

Were there dyno runs after a tune with the DP's ???
2013 Ecoboost Ford Flex
AJP Tune (ATP+2) in progress , Livernois HPFP, 3 Bar MAP, UPR Catch Can, 100% Methanol w/ braided steel lines, 3" Downpipes -->2.5" X-pipe --> 2.5" Magnaflow exhaust, 2.5" air inlets to each turbo with cone filter, Custom water to air intercooler with chiller
275/40-20 Front 315/35-20 Rear Tires
---12.419ET/112.43MPH @ 5150 lbs in the 1/4---

BiGMaC

Quote from: Gray Brick on March 04, 2015, 11:40:35 PM
What were the mods on the car when this was performed?

Were there dyno runs after a tune with the DP's ???

Mods were only aesthetic. No performance mods... literally only hotpipes (no increased performance, just eliminate possibility of turbo leaks) and otherwise no engine or drivetrain mods.  The car was not tuned at any time during the testing.  The dyno changes are purely due to DPs.  Temp and humidity were practically constant (about 78oF). The stock pull was done after the 40 min. drive from my home to Black Market Racing. The pulls were essentially BTB only the time to drive from BMR to PPE, install DPs. and drive back to BMR  (about 35-40 min drive one way) intervened.

My tune is now adjusted for downpipes... I only have the butt dyno on this, but it is stronger that without tune in the 0-60 pulls. 

BTW,... It was during this testing that we also compared dynos with OEM intake vs. no intake or air filter at all (removed OEM intake and filter box leaving just 3.5" saxophone opening as air intake point) and found no difference.