• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

MFT Navigation - Adding it - Cent WI Testing

Started by jmr061, March 01, 2015, 04:23:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmr061

Wasn't sure where to put this so hopefully this is a good location within the forum.

I am looking for someone in the Central Wisconsin area that has a Ford with MFT - Non Navigation.  I would like to test adding Navigation to it.  No hardware replacement, all programming.  If interested email me: jason@fordpimods.com

Thanks

Jason
Jason
16 Edge Sport

J-Will

Really? You think its possible to 'turn on' the navi function? Add the map SD card, and be set? Isn't the option like $1k?

Hope someone takes you up on this. Save some people a car payment or two!
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

jmr061

Quote from: J-Will on March 01, 2015, 08:08:24 PM
Really? You think its possible to 'turn on' the navi function? Add the map SD card, and be set? Isn't the option like $1k?

Hope someone takes you up on this. Save some people a car payment or two!

Yes I can turn it on.
Jason
16 Edge Sport

BiGMaC

Hope someone steps up.  I know the hardware is already there and that Ford won't let the Dealer flash the APIM to working order for nav and GPS.  I hope it works for you... And countless others.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ZSHO

I would love to participate but way to far for me,just curious do you have a ballpark figure on how long the process takes,cause thats the only upsetting feature i dont have,thanks,Z.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

jmr061

Not long

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jason
16 Edge Sport

bpd1151

This reminds me that I completely forgot about jmr's ability to completely disable the traction control protocols in my 2010 Non-PP.

jmr...... Do you happen to have plans to attend the Nat'l SHO Convention in Chicago this Summer?

There will likely be whole lots of Gen4 SHO's there to "play with" (including mine).

If not, I will have to make it a point to get my butt up North of the Cheddar Curtain to meet up with you.

donky4444

Quote from: bpd1151 on March 02, 2015, 01:33:01 AM
This reminds me that I completely forgot about jmr's ability to completely disable the traction control protocols in my 2010 Non-PP.

Now that sounds like an awesome mod!
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

ZSHO

I was just curious Jason,how do you get the DS card to recognize the system,or is that where you come in,cause i know the cards are married to the system,is the first step to purchase a card then proceed from there,would be nice if it can be programmed like a tune and to just send us a file to open up the hardware,appreciate your input.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

jmr061

Re: the ESC off

There was some interest long ago on this but couldn't get a meet setup to test it out (either on the 10-12 or 13+) so this went by the wayside and I no longer have the information on it.

Re: Nav
This is something that has to be done in person....a tuner (mycal, etc) can't do it.  I have talked a little with tuners about this and totally different structure.  The SD card is not married to a particular MFT system.  You can't copy SD cards but any OEM SD Nav card will work in a MFT system....they are up to card A/B6 now.  I think the latest SYNC version of MFT requires A3 and higher but don't quote me on that.
Jason
16 Edge Sport

wasinger3000

Can i use the newest nav card in my car (already have nav)? I assume it's just the newer map pack?
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

BiGMaC

Quote from: wasinger3000 on March 02, 2015, 03:04:46 PM
Can i use the newest nav card in my car (already have nav)? I assume it's just the newer map pack?
Yes... I replaced my old one last week... plug 'n play

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI

wasinger3000

Quote from: BiGMaC on March 02, 2015, 09:53:04 PM
Awesome! Whats the latest one? Any recommended place to buy it?
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

BiGMaC

Quote from: wasinger3000 on March 02, 2015, 09:53:56 PM
Honestly don't remember... I'll try to remember to ask the car tomorrow...AB6?  When you order from Ford they will have you check your car to be sure you need one.

jmr...sorry... no intent to hijack.... Somebody please step up.

jtoddk98

Quote from: wasinger3000 on March 02, 2015, 09:53:56 PM
you can get them on eBay pretty cheap. But ford usually sends them out when you update MFT to the latest version for free.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver