• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

0-85ish w/ Unleashed 92 octane tune!

Started by ElvenSho, February 24, 2015, 07:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJP turbo

Quote from: TSS on February 26, 2015, 10:24:10 AM
^^ I may, but it's a little more complicated than anyone cares to hear.  I may do it, but just wanted to see what happens if I don't . If I can at least stop worrying I am killing the car, I will feel 80 percent better.

What's the complicated part? I want to hear lol
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

TSS

Really you don't. It's not interesting complicated or scandalous complicated. Just has to do with a weird issue I had back in 2012 with my strategy code.....
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

AJP turbo

I heard this shuttering on my car and I did not like it one bit, I would lift on the 1-2 shift and do my wot pulls starting in 2nd.. I tried last night and it doesn't do it anymore. Most of my tranny stuff is stock.

I have snow tires and it's 20 degrees F. So I knew it wasn't wheel hop but I thought maybe it was wheel hop because others said it was and the fact that this car seems to have a passive awd that isn't full time until demanded so I wasn't sure.

And I don't think I have any torque management going on because I have that disabled and I get big boost spikes of over 20 psi when I shift so I should spin pretty good on a 1-2 and 2-3 shift but I don't

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

ElvenSho

Quote from: ajpturbo on February 26, 2015, 01:02:05 PM
I heard this shuttering on my car and I did not like it one bit, I would lift on the 1-2 shift and do my wot pulls starting in 2nd.. I tried last night and it doesn't do it anymore. Most of my tranny stuff is stock.

I have snow tires and it's 20 degrees F. So I knew it wasn't wheel hop but I thought maybe it was wheel hop because others said it was and the fact that this car seems to have a passive awd that isn't full time until demanded so I wasn't sure.

And I don't think I have any torque management going on because I have that disabled and I get big boost spikes of over 20 psi when I shift so I should spin pretty good on a 1-2 and 2-3 shift but I don't
Is 20 psi too much for stock turbos? Maybe ur losing power and thats why ur not spining on shifts? Mine brks tires on 15psi before the revision that fixed the shudder or w/e that was. Not sure now as we got lots of snow lol.
2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie

AJP turbo

Quote from: ElvenSho on February 26, 2015, 01:05:21 PM
Quote from: ajpturbo on February 26, 2015, 01:02:05 PM

Is 20 psi too much for stock turbos?

Time will tell. I've ran 22-24 psi briefly in the midrange. Fuel pressure and supply is the real problem up there

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

AJP turbo

ElevenSHO. You don't lose power when you run more boost. You lose effenciency so you make less power per pound of boost

That's like when people say they make less money when they work overtime because they pay more taxes. Yes you pay more taxes but you also make more money but more than likely a higer percentage of tax and only a portion of the money is taxed higher.

Instead of making 10hp/psi of boost I may make only 5hp/psi of boost.

And barking the tires is completely different than breaking free or spinning. my tires will squeal and howl all through 1st gear but they never break free

405whp/520tq
Dyno

Tuning in progress

ElvenSho

Quote from: ajpturbo on February 26, 2015, 01:45:54 PM
ElevenSHO. You don't lose power when you run more boost. You lose effenciency so you make less power per pound of boost

That's like when people say they make less money when they work overtime because they pay more taxes. Yes you pay more taxes but you also make more money but more than likely a higer percentage of tax and only a portion of the money is taxed higher.

Instead of making 10hp/psi of boost I may make only 5hp/psi of boost.

And barking the tires is completely different than breaking free or spinning. my tires will squeal and howl all through 1st gear but they never break free

Gotcha! As you an tell I am still learning stuff. People would always say if you run too much boost the car can actually get slower so I figured it actually loses power. Thanks!
2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie

wasinger3000

Just add meth.  Answer to everything. lol.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

Bosscav

Quote from: wasinger3000 on February 26, 2015, 03:24:53 PM
Just add meth.  Answer to everything. lol.
Now there's something my mother wouldn't be happy reading that out of context
2010 Ford Taurus SHO, White Platinum Tri-coat Metallic, 402B options package, 20" Nickel Aluminum wheels, purchased 6/26/2014 with only 17k miles. Previous owner: Little old woman who bought it for the heated leather seats...