• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

PTU fluid change

Started by anthonylee337, February 23, 2015, 10:47:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

r1crusher

Yup...I believe the word "chunky" was used and a material of an unknown type.
'13 SHO, AJP Tune w/ 3-Bar
'17 F-250 6.7 PowerStroke
'17 XSport

SHOdded

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on March 04, 2015, 04:23:37 PM
Speaking of, I can't find that thread with the member here who posted an analysis on his PTU oil. I recall Blackstone confessing it was rife with unidentifiable solids. O_o
You mean this from Justin?
http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,4341
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

IHeartGroceries

Haha! That's the one. Yes, chunks. I'm not certain which is more concerning - the solids themselves or the fact that the lab can't even identify them!
2013 SHO PP

SHOdded

Let's call it PTU Poop and leave it at that ;)  Probably would need to run these solids through a chromatograph/spectrum analyzer, which would be forensics way beyond the $25 offering.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

AJP turbo

I had my poop forensically analyzed once and they said my chunks were just a cross contamination of corn but there were no solids present
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress

wasinger3000

I think the PTU needs to chew it's food better....
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

ZSHO

And just when i thought i heard everything,was ready to have myself a hearty peaceful dinner,just lost my appetite. :flush: :flush:

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

IHeartGroceries

2013 SHO PP

Airbornemaikai

Quote from: QuickSilver on March 04, 2015, 04:21:47 PM
Ive got 40K tuned heavy footed miles on my XSport and I've noticed in the last few thousand under deccel coasting up to a light I can hear a teeny bit of gear noise/whine.  Now I've heard  the 14's are water cooled to the PTU? so I thought they were less prone to overheat/ fluid turning to paste we've seen here but not sure.  I have two quarts of the Redline 140 sitting in my garage, I guess it's probably about time to crack the seal on those eh?

My X is in the shop right now, I asked if they would check the PTU for me and they were hesitant, but after the f tards replaced my gear shifter with the wrong one I guess they decided to take a look. They called and said they had to order me a new one because it looked bad so my truck is there till Friday. When I get it back I'll chime in and let you know what was up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

BiGMaC

Quote from: Airbornemaikai on March 04, 2015, 07:46:47 PM

My X is in the shop right now, I asked if they would check the PTU for me and they were hesitant, but after the f tards replaced my gear shifter with the wrong one I guess they decided to take a look. They called and said they had to order me a new one because it looked bad so my truck is there till Friday. When I get it back I'll chime in and let you know what was up.

Success... IF they just install the correct one!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Maybe they'll get you a 6 speed stick shift instead ;)

Airbornemaikai

Haha you guys crack me up, that's why I love this forum, no homo
2014 Explorer Sport
Airaid 401-260

SHOdded

Just tryin' to keep you from going all "deer hunter" on us LOL

Airbornemaikai

Ok guys, I got my Explorer back last night. I haven't had a chance to drive it much yet but after getting home when I pulled up and put it in park it had a shudder that was audible as well. Also my middle front console with the sync icon in it no longer opens and closes properly as they obviously haven't seated it back in place properly. I'm at the dealership now getting my oil changed and told them about my problems but my service advisor and his techs have the weekends off so ill have to come back Monday, ill update again how that goes. Anyway here is the paperwork on what they did as far as the PTU goes. Hope some of you find this useful
2014 Explorer Sport
Airaid 401-260

AJP turbo

"Found aftermarket exhaust on vehicle"? LOL what's that mean....Last year I asked a Ford dealer how to change my PTU fluid and put my amsoil in and he said it's not serviceable and a lifetime fluid. I said I don't care. How much? He said there was no procedure for it. I had to show him the procedure right from a Ford manual. This was Shultz Ford in wexford Pa. I ended up doing the fluid myself because I couldn't trust them after that lol.

Some of these Service guys are so freaking clueless, but they'll point out on a work order that you have a catback lol....I hate people...It's like we are robots and don't actually evaluate a problem because protocol says because you put a stereo in your ball joints aren't covered under warranty.
SCT Dealer/Custom Calibrator                        
Specializing in 3.5 Ecoboost   
Remote/email custom tuning including E85 blends 
Authorized retailer for all SCT devices. 

Former:2014 PP SHO
3 bar 93 tune, Airaid, Stainless Works non catted DP's  
405whp/520tq
Dyno

Current:2016 F150 2.7 Ecoboost
Tuning in progress