• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013 Front Clip on a 10-12

Started by jtoddk98, February 19, 2015, 08:25:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtoddk98

Is it possible to get the front clip off a 2013 SHO and retrofit it onto a 10-12 car? I know the tail light conversion can be done (with a new trunk lid). It definitely may be possible in the coming years money wise as more cars get wrecked and used parts come on the market.
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

Frozen Taurus

Need to do the headlights too ...they are different
2011 Tuxedo Black SHO non PP, K&N drop in, TCE Big Brake Kit, Megan Racing Coilovers
My other car is a 447 awhp Talon

jtoddk98

Quote from: Frozen Taurus on February 19, 2015, 09:58:31 PM
and those lol. I wish an aftermarket light maker would make 2013 style plug and play tail lights for 10-12 cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

SHOnUup

Don't do it....4.1 can look good

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

BiGMaC

Quote from: SHOnUup on February 20, 2015, 08:24:00 AM

Rich
... And it does too! Not to hijack, but looks sweet Rich.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

jtoddk98

I do like that. Looking about doing the mesh grille when I get my bumper repainted shortly, all of my cars miles are literally highway, lots of stone chips.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

SHOnUup

Thanks fellas..
My front clip is horrible also

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

bpd1151

Quote from: jtoddk98 on February 19, 2015, 08:25:17 PM
Is it possible to get the front clip off a 2013 SHO and retrofit it onto a 10-12 car? I know the tail light conversion can be done (with a new trunk lid). It definitely may be possible in the coming years money wise as more cars get wrecked and used parts come on the market.

Quote from: Frozen Taurus on February 19, 2015, 09:58:31 PM

Will need to purchase a 2013+ complete engine hood as well, not to mention both the upper / lower grille(s).

Essentially the only the thing you'd retain are the front fenders. All else is / has changed.

That can get pricey really quick. Yikes!

southtxSHO

2011 SHO non PP
LMS 4 +tune
LMS Cai
LMS catted downpipes
12.89@ 105 MPH best time @ Edinburg Raceway

SHOnUup

bamsho

Looking to do the same thing wth my '12.  If I ever hit a deer with the front, '13 front will be going on.
2013 white Gen 5.  Gearhead Intercooler, Turbosmart wastegate actuators, Alky Controls meth kit, Livernois catted downpipes,  Livernois Corsa cat back black etched tips.  2016 True Street Champion.

FLOSHO21

Quote from: SHOnUup on February 20, 2015, 08:24:00 AM

Rich

When you have this going on, theres no reason to swap a 13+.  I love the front of my car as well.
2010 SHO Platinum non PP
H&R springs, K&N panel, NGK-6510, 170 T-stat, Unleashed Tune, 3 bar, 13' MC/booster, Unleashed 3" DPs, W/M
12.74@108.5 3/15
8.07@86.5 best 1/8th 9/15