• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

And so the Modding Begins

Started by BlackJac, February 16, 2015, 08:16:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlackJac

I took the plunge and ordered a LMS tuner/ 93 perf, Tstat, and 3Bar for my XSport. I'll also gap my plugs when I install the parts.

Mike
2017 Fusion Sport - 401A/ Moonroof/ Magnetic Grey/ Livernois Motorsports 93 Stage 3

2015 Explorer Sport  - SOLD

Modded 1980 Corvette https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SUDndpy8bw

SHOnUup

Congratulations on the purchase. Let us know how you like the goods when they get installed.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

BlackJac

2017 Fusion Sport - 401A/ Moonroof/ Magnetic Grey/ Livernois Motorsports 93 Stage 3

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BlackJac

"His name was Morpheus... and he sent me a key... a key that unlocked the Matrix... and now... my LMS Tuned XSport... flies..."

Okay, so his name was Anthony...

Last night after work I pulled my XSport into the warehouse, below zero temps outside here. I tightened all the spark plug gaps to .030 using a NAPA Spark Plug Gauge http://www.napaonline.com/Catalog/CatalogItemDetail.aspx/Spark-Plug-Gauges/_/R-SER165_0006544127. Next I replaced the thermostat, and installed the 3Bar. After the parts were all installed and everything was put back together, I connected the LMS tuner and loaded in the 93 Octane 3Bar tune. Last, I ran it, topped off the coolant, and headed home about 40 miles away.

The first thing I noticed was the harder shifts, which I know it's part of the adaptive learning process. I also noticed that I can easily hear the turbos now, which I could hardly hear them when stock. Giving it part throttle when pulling away from a traffic light I was easily leaving everyone behind. I came to an intersection on some back roads, nailed the throttle from a stop with traction control off. All 4 wheels broke loose, took off hard, I looked down to see when I'd hit 60 and I was already past it! By this time I was already laughing saying "Holy s***"! Did not expect that... Next I'm curious to see how the mileage is effected and how the trans feels after adapting completes.

BiGMaC

Ahh the feel of the first tune!  It's great.  I bet it takes you at least a week to get the perms grin off your face!  Enjoy!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

donky4444

That smile takes a long time to go away.  Your MPG will go down because you won't be able to keep your foot out it.  I would wait until you get over wanting to feel it pull like mad before you pay attention to MPG.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

SHOdded

Even after learning is "complete", you will have to put your foot into it occasionally to prevent the ECU from reverting to its' slow, lazy, slothlike behavior.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

I know that feeling of after getting that LME tune is priceless,feels like your driving a different beast,honestly the temptation is hard but would try to not push her to much based on the sub zero weather,if not already would try using a good fully synthetic oil for better protection,best of luck to you and enjoy.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BlackJac

I'm at about 3000 miles on it, so I'll change to full synthetic oil within the next 1000 miles.

I had to pull one of the intake pipes for some wiggle room to get the drivers side rear plug out and noticed the inside of the intake tube had a good coating of oil. Any thoughts on that?

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: BlackJac on February 20, 2015, 12:40:33 PM
I'm at about 3000 miles on it, so I'll change to full synthetic oil within the next 1000 miles.

I had to pull one of the intake pipes for some wiggle room to get the drivers side rear plug out and noticed the inside of the intake tube had a good coating of oil. Any thoughts on that?

Thank you very much for the kind words, and we are glad to hear you enjoy the tune!  Love the Matrix reference as well, definitely gave me a laugh. 

That is perfectly normal for some oil to recirculate through the system.  Have fun with the ExSport and enjoy your weekend!

Anthony @ LMS

SHOdded

Quote from: BlackJac on February 20, 2015, 12:40:33 PM
Keep an eye on the CAC and how much crud collects in there.  If little to none, the XS is doing fine.  During the breakin period, it is normal to get more of this stuff everywhere, and then drop back.  There's a HowTo on draining the CAC if you care to undertake such a project :)

BlackJac

Yeah, I'm still in break-in, just hit 3000. When Spring comes I'll drain the CAC. Do you guys leave the plastic stick on block plate in front of the CAC?

Anthony,
Glad you liked the Matrix ref. Thanks again!

Mike