• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

MKS EcoBoost owner in Dayton Ohio

Started by HtrdMKS, February 11, 2015, 02:11:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

IHeartGroceries

Welcome. I wish I'd looked closer at the Lincolns. They've really grown on me.

Listen up to FoMoCoSHO. He has some good E experience. A tune would be most valuable, optimizing an E blend. Though, in the special case of the 3.5 EB, there are gains to be had with light E blends using OE.
2013 SHO PP

HtrdMKS

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 11, 2015, 08:41:48 PM
Howdy neighbor!

I'm Torrie tuned on a now 15% blend.

Do you drink coffee?

Maybe we can line em up at kil kare this spring.

I can show you how to mix e85 easy peasy and you can have multiple tunes in case you are traveling.

FoMoCoSho
Yes to the coffee. Be good to find out the details of tuning. You mention tunes for travel. So if you can't get the gas you need you change tune? Don't think I'll like sitting/killing 15 minutes tuning at a gas station while traveling.
Sounds like a single tune can't handle switching between 93 octane, 25% corn, and 15% corn.
So do switch back to 2 Bar MAP also?

Also noticed your 25% blend times. What's the purpose of scaling back to your current tune of 15% blend?

Might even be willing to make it to Kil-Kare, it's 10 minutes away. Usually go to oval track since my son races an E-Mod at K-K, at least until they closed the oval for 2015.

Will also have to let peppelepugh know if we go to K-K.
2013 EcoBoost MKS, Tux Black, No Mods - Yet

peppelepugh

Quote from: HtrdMKS on February 22, 2015, 04:31:47 PM

Sounds good to me! I work in Mason, so its almost easier to hit the track for test/tune right after work.
2011 Kona Blue SHO non-PP: MDesign Carbon Fiber CAI, All interior lights LEDs, LED Puddles, and LED Reverse.

EBC Stage 4 Brake kit, 170* T-stat, 3-Bar MAP, NGK Plugs, PPE Catless-DPs and Tune by Torrie!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: HtrdMKS on February 22, 2015, 04:31:47 PM
Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 11, 2015, 08:41:48 PM
Howdy neighbor!

I'm Torrie tuned on a now 15% blend.

Do you drink coffee?

Maybe we can line em up at kil kare this spring.

I can show you how to mix e85 easy peasy and you can have multiple tunes in case you are traveling.

FoMoCoSho
Yes to the coffee. Be good to find out the details of tuning. You mention tunes for travel. So if you can't get the gas you need you change tune? Don't think I'll like sitting/killing 15 minutes tuning at a gas station while traveling.
Sounds like a single tune can't handle switching between 93 octane, 25% corn, and 15% corn.
So do switch back to 2 Bar MAP also?

Also noticed your 25% blend times. What's the purpose of scaling back to your current tune of 15% blend?

Might even be willing to make it to Kil-Kare, it's 10 minutes away. Usually go to oval track since my son races an E-Mod at K-K, at least until they closed the oval for 2015.

I scaled back due to the cold weather effect on fuel volume (I was out of fuel on the 2-3 WOT upshift and 3-2 WOT downshift. (This is the only area my car struggles with)

I also believe less is more as direct injected E-85 has the unique property of extremely high effective octane (about 160).

Doing this not only corrected the pressure drop, but also resulted in better throttle response.

Mixed with Shell 93 at 15% I calculated my effective octane to 108.

I haven't retuned (Don't tell Torrie, lol), but everything looks good- KR,lambda, etc.

A tune change takes about 5 minutes so you can swap tunes while your tank fills.