• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Unleashed tuning and Livernois tuning comparison on my SHO

Started by southtxSHO, February 12, 2015, 01:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOnUup

Quote from: ElvenSho on February 24, 2015, 01:26:59 PM
So I got a base tune from Torrie that i sent him a log on and he needed to turn the boost down a bit due to fuel pump or something. The car felt great to me and I would have never known that it needs a little adjustment if I didnt datalog. Datalogging is needed on EB and any engine and this is a great example of it. I am sure his base tune would be fine on some other Sho but not on my car. I am about to go do another log so we can perfect this tune for my car. Sorry I cant agree that our cars do not need datalogging.
How much boost were you seeing?

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

IHeartGroceries

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on February 19, 2015, 10:56:05 AM
Quote from: ElvenSho on February 19, 2015, 10:54:49 AM
Quote from: SHOnUup on February 19, 2015, 02:04:07 AM
My car is different.....it's an animal...roar..lol...12.54...just sayin

Rich
Whats all done to ur car? Is it a 93 octane tune? Thats quick I hope mine is as quick but I will be on 92 octane most of the time.

LMS Mycalibrator MILAN 6-13-14 tune/HAI/tstat(12.7582@108.43) MILAN- 8-6-14 3bar and boost leak(12.66@108.43) MILAN-10-16-14 2 gal E/85+winter fuel(12.54@109.75)
Not certain wether to attribute the improved ET to a repaired boost leak, or to the gentle E blend.
2013 SHO PP

ElvenSho

Quote from: SHOnUup on February 24, 2015, 01:53:42 PM
Quote from: ElvenSho on February 24, 2015, 01:26:59 PM
So I got a base tune from Torrie that i sent him a log on and he needed to turn the boost down a bit due to fuel pump or something. The car felt great to me and I would have never known that it needs a little adjustment if I didnt datalog. Datalogging is needed on EB and any engine and this is a great example of it. I am sure his base tune would be fine on some other Sho but not on my car. I am about to go do another log so we can perfect this tune for my car. Sorry I cant agree that our cars do not need datalogging.
How much boost were you seeing?

Rich
Good question I couldnt tell on the log I did. He told me he is taking boost out of it because the fuel pressure drops too much and is giving low ambient. I really have no idea what that means other than less boost. The 2nd tune he sent me i just logged and sent to him so hopefully we can get it to 100% as i plan to take the car to track once it opens up in few months. >:D
2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie

FoMoCoSHO

My car got quicker with every revision.

It will be interesting to see if downpipes, cutout, and meth get me into 11's this year.

ElvenSho

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on February 24, 2015, 02:02:30 PM

It will be interesting to see if downpipes, cutout, and meth get me into 11's this year.
good luck i hope so! Howmany revisions did u do?

SHOnUup

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on February 24, 2015, 01:55:55 PM
Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on February 19, 2015, 10:56:05 AM
Quote from: ElvenSho on February 19, 2015, 10:54:49 AM
Quote from: SHOnUup on February 19, 2015, 02:04:07 AM
My car is different.....it's an animal...roar..lol...12.54...just sayin

Rich
Whats all done to ur car? Is it a 93 octane tune? Thats quick I hope mine is as quick but I will be on 92 octane most of the time.

LMS Mycalibrator MILAN 6-13-14 tune/HAI/tstat(12.7582@108.43) MILAN- 8-6-14 3bar and boost leak(12.66@108.43) MILAN-10-16-14 2 gal E/85+winter fuel(12.54@109.75)
Not certain wether to attribute the improved ET to a repaired boost leak, or to the gentle E blend.
It was days after that day at the track I noticed the leak. It could've been there, happened at the track or after. It being so close I think it was there, can't be for sure.

Will definitely do some runs with and without corn this year.

Rich

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

Sounds like a fun year ahead...best of luck on the elusive 11's.

Rich

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: ElvenSho on February 24, 2015, 02:07:58 PM

good luck i hope so! Howmany revisions did u do?
I was just thinking about that and i can't remember.

The last half of the year was really shitty and it kind of wiped my brain.

wasinger3000

I'm anxious for some warmer weather so I can get my tune dialed in. Can't get the meth to phase change near as well with it in the 20's.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

Livernois Motorsports

It should, we have a client that has all of our bolt ons with meth and on DR's he has been running 11.8-11.9 all day long for a year now!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on February 25, 2015, 08:21:56 AM

It should, we have a client that has all of our bolt ons with meth and on DR's he has been running 11.8-11.9 all day long for a year now!

That's awesome, got any clips?

panther427

2013 SHO

Txstrmhntr

How about a meth revision.... my LME meth tune is barely noticeable over my 93 tune.  I even turned the meth off for a pass or two and watched to see if it pulled timing or if it wasnt getting enough fuel. No problems and ran comparable to my 93 tune... So if your planning on going meth, no offense to the Good guys at LME but someone willing to dial it in from logging is a good bet. Especially if you don't want to have to take a vacation to Michigan to have LME dyno tune it.
OLD
2013 Taurus SHO with PP, LET Tuned, ATP+2 Turbos ,PPE Hotpipes, PPE off road DP's,  Alky control methanol injection
NEW-- 2016 Kona Blue Fiesta ST, Stock(not for long)

ElvenSho

Quote from: Txstrmhntr on March 02, 2015, 03:01:20 PM
How about a meth revision.... my LME meth tune is barely noticeable over my 93 tune.  I even turned the meth off for a pass or two and watched to see if it pulled timing or if it wasnt getting enough fuel. No problems and ran comparable to my 93 tune... So if your planning on going meth, no offense to the Good guys at LME but someone willing to dial it in from logging is a good bet. Especially if you don't want to have to take a vacation to Michigan to have LME dyno tune it.

apparently it work make a difference, ecoboost engines do not need to be dialed in by data logging if you get the base tune (for mods) right :p

Txstrmhntr

Quote from: ElvenSho on March 02, 2015, 04:17:14 PM

apparently it work make a difference, ecoboost engines do not need to be dialed in by data logging if you get the base tune (for mods) right :p

I think that's true in anything. If you get it right the first time. But that being said canned tunes no matter how reputable the vendor generally err on conservative side. Each car is slightly different. The age old what day of the week did yours get built on phenomenon

OLD
2013 Taurus SHO with PP, LET Tuned, ATP+2 Turbos ,PPE Hotpipes, PPE off road DP's,  Alky control methanol injection
NEW-- 2016 Kona Blue Fiesta ST, Stock(not for long)