• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Unleashed tuning and Livernois tuning comparison on my SHO

Started by southtxSHO, February 12, 2015, 01:46:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Livernois Motorsports

Quote from: ElvenSho on February 19, 2015, 10:54:49 AM
Quote from: SHOnUup on February 19, 2015, 02:04:07 AM
My car is different.....it's an animal...roar..lol...12.54...just sayin

Rich
Whats all done to ur car? Is it a 93 octane tune? Thats quick I hope mine is as quick but I will be on 92 octane most of the time.

LMS Mycalibrator MILAN 6-13-14 tune/HAI/tstat(12.7582@108.43) MILAN- 8-6-14 3bar and boost leak(12.66@108.43) MILAN-10-16-14 2 gal E/85+winter fuel(12.54@109.75)

ElvenSho

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on February 19, 2015, 10:56:05 AM

Rich
Whats all done to ur car? Is it a 93 octane tune? Thats quick I hope mine is as quick but I will be on 92 octane most of the time.

LMS Mycalibrator MILAN 6-13-14 tune/HAI/tstat(12.7582@108.43) MILAN- 8-6-14 3bar and boost leak(12.66@108.43) MILAN-10-16-14 2 gal E/85+winter fuel(12.54@109.75)
Dang nice!
2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie

Livernois Motorsports

Not to interject, I just knew the answer to your question.

Jtrain

2004 G35: Built Motor 8.8:1, Single Disc Kevlar Clutch, 3" Dual Turbo Back, G18 Twin Turbos, 18PSI, 600 Wheel HP
2007 Jeep SRT8 13.4 @104 Sold for....
2014 Ford Explorer Sport: K&N, .030 NGK plugs, 170 Tstat, 3Bar sensor, Tuned with SCT Tuner

SHOnUup

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on February 19, 2015, 10:56:05 AM

Rich

;););)

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

EcoPowerParts

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

Wilson

2013 SHO (non-PP) Ruby Red Tintcoat
Leading Edge Tuning 93 Tune | 3 Bar MAP | 170* Thermostat | Airaid Intake | PPE 2.5" Downpipes | Snow Stage 2 Meth Kit | H&R Lowering Springs | 22" Falken RT-7M wheels | 265/35/22 Falken Ziex TZ05 tires

Livernois Motorsports

SHOnUup

I had just started to put e/85 in to battle the winter blend that was pulling a little timing. Actually didn't have the 160* tstat in during those runs.

Breaking the rules I am, just a little bit...CORN may be addictive <--warning

Rich

SHOnUup

To elaborate on the no 160* tstat runs....this was during my many swaps back and forth fighting a stubborn air pocket. This resulted in higher temps at the end of the 1/4 with timing being pulled at that point.

I have logged with torque pro to see this, and it is right around the 100 mph point for me where temps shoot up and pull timing. I would not suggest doing long pulls without a colder tstat.

Rich

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: SHOnUup on February 19, 2015, 07:38:36 PM
I had just started to put e/85 in to battle the winter blend that was pulling a little timing. Actually didn't have the 160* tstat in during those runs.

Breaking the rules I am, just a little bit...CORN may be addictive <--warning

Rich
Naughty!

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on February 18, 2015, 01:54:31 PM
Quote from: ElvenSho on February 18, 2015, 01:09:34 PM
Quote from: Livernois Motorsports on February 18, 2015, 12:50:40 PM
Well, if you really think about everything possible was stacked against us.
We did a remote tune.
No "required" logging was done.
Only 20 mins between runs.
And he obviously spun on our tuning....

Logging on your EB does not yield a better tune, the OP has independently and inadvertently proven this here.
You might be right. I wonder if Torrie would agree with you about not needing to log on the EB engines... What if you guys infact do have a tune thats just a tiny bit faster but is pushing the limits of the engine more due to not reading each engines reaction to the tune (logs) which in return could kill the engine faster? Who blew up more EB engines u guys or Unleashed? (Serious question I have no idea) Torrie should get in this threat to give his view on it all! I also think this can be a mature conversation I am not saying to bash each other.

The problem with the end user logging is that you do not have the ability to log 100% accurate information VIA the OBDii port. Whereas, Torrie and us as well are hooking up to the ECU with a laptop, and using tuning software to monitor live info from the ECU. The sample rates and PIDS that you get from your monitors, apps and such are EXTREMELY poor. Giving us imperfect information. We learned this back in 2009 when we first dived head first into the EB platform.

I'm setting up my SCT software to run in a RAMDRIVE on my laptop for this very reason.

These other peripherals have plenty of pipe but the programs just aren't optimized on the computing end.(I'm talkin to you Torque!)

If SCT could build a pretty gauge layout I could export to a display, I'd build a tiny PC for the car.

ElvenSho

So I got a base tune from Torrie that i sent him a log on and he needed to turn the boost down a bit due to fuel pump or something. The car felt great to me and I would have never known that it needs a little adjustment if I didnt datalog. Datalogging is needed on EB and any engine and this is a great example of it. I am sure his base tune would be fine on some other Sho but not on my car. I am about to go do another log so we can perfect this tune for my car. Sorry I cant agree that our cars do not need datalogging.
2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie