• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2015 World of Wheels / Tuner Galleria - Chicago, IL.

Started by bpd1151, February 11, 2015, 07:41:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bpd1151

Howdy to all my fellow Ecoboost owners.

I wanted to pass along info on an event I was recently invited to attend once again.

This time, for 2015.

It is the World of Wheels / Tuner Galleria National Car Show Event being held in Rosemont, IL. (just outside of Chicago, IL.)

The event is being held (indoors) exclusively on Saturday, March 14th, 2015 at the Donald E. Stephens Convention Center.

More info can be found by following this link here ------> http://tunergalleria.com/

I last attended this same event back in 2013, and took the title of "Best Ford" along with $1,000 in prizes.

Pretty stoked about that, I must admit.

I was invited last year as well (2014) but was unable to commit for a variety of reasons.

So I'm pretty excited about being able to make it out this year, and am looking forward to attending, not only to rekindle some old friendships previously created, but also because I have so much more completed on my car since 2013, that I am hopeful of perhaps bringing home (yet another) award.

I hope any of you who happen to be in the area, or travelling into/through the CHI-Town area, on that date, please do make plans to attend.

I will be rolling in, and grouped with, fellow entrants of the car club known as "Shockwave Customs".

More info on their shop can be found by visiting here -------> http://shockwavecustoms.com/

Thanks for reading!

SHOdded

A good time to be had by all!  Sounds exciting, lots of pics awaited, and good luck!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

Best of luck to you for a well deserved award and achievment,need some pics of the event with you holding the award surrounded by the lovely HOOOOTER girls to make the SHO that much gratifying than it already is. ;) ,maybe will bring the wife along or maybe not,Lol.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

bpd1151

Survived the show, and all of it's antics both pre, and post show events.

Was a great time, and a ton of work from beginning to end, but well worth all the effort(s) involved by all.

I was greeted by the owner of TommyZDesigns, (Tommy) who graciously walked over to my car to introduce himself. Super cool!

Although I've chatted with him in the past (both online, and by phone mainly with the Dodge Charger project/build), I never met him face to face. He was in attendance at the show as well, not only rep'n his company, but also showing off his latest designs on a friends Cadillac CTS-V. It was a pleasure connecting an actual face with the previous convo. Great dude I'll add.

Moving along, attendance at the show was beyond amazing. Approximately 250 competitors entered. Most were of the Foreign "tuner/ricer" type vehicles as we would call them. The one's you'd see akin to the movie series "Too Fast, Too Furious". Caliber of the cars on display was impressive to say the least.

General Public attendance far, far, far exceeded the promoters own projections, and I attribute this directly to the incredibly (long overdue) nice weather we experienced here in CHI-Town. Previously, this annual event is/was held within the first two weeks of February. But the promoters caught a lot of flack from competitors due to the snow/ice and holding the event then, so they decided for 2015 to bump it back into March. Wise decision it would appear.

I am happy to report that my car received a lot of attention from both competitors and spectators. Most were in disbelief that A.) It was a Taurus B.) That it puts down the power that it does and C.) That I was able to transform it into the beast she's developed into.

I thanked all for their compliments, and in an overall sense, simply did my best to explain the platform, it's potential, and how great of an experience I've had owning her.

I am sad to report though, that due to the promoters changing up their past practices, I DID NOT win an award. That had me, and the owner of our car club in disbelief.

We found out afterwards, as the owner of our club inquired, that the judging teams were asked to place higher point values on the "ICE" category ("In Car Entertainment"). Of which, I lost out major points on, due to the fact that my audio remains stock up to this point, and I had no extra TV's, On-Board Game Consoles, etc.

Additionally, because there were so few Domestic produced vehicles entered, they simply awarded one trophy in each category of Chevrolet, Dodge/Chrysler, and Ford. Unlike the multitude of Foreign models entered, where they had "Best of" and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place trophies awarded respectively.

So the window for me to have won, was very small, and based on a myriad of influencing factors.

I was fine with the loss, as the person who did win the Ford trophy, was a younger kid who is also in our same car club, and won for his Ford Mustang. Which had thousands upon thousands of dollars of audio/video/lighting upgrades. So good to see it go to someone in the club.

Oddly enough, the promoters also did not hand out any cash prizes like they had previously. A sign of the tough economic times I suppose. The trophies were also smaller this year.

Anyhow, enough babbling.

Y'all just wanna see the pics anyhow. Especially of the ladies, yes?

I had prime placement right near the front / main stage. Lots of GoGo girls being rotated all throughout the day, in addition to a bevy of beautiful models parading all amongst us. Good times let me tell 'ya.

I spoke with quite a few of them, and all were very nice, and very beautiful. Not sure, how many pics I can post at one time, so I'll just include a few here for your viewing pleasure, then add the link to my Photobucket Album simply titled "2015 Tuner Galleria Chicago" for 'ya to browse through at your own leisure.

I know my photographer pal Jeff was there, and is in the process of post editing his pics, but he did make up a short YouTube video on the event form his perspective, which can be found here:  https://youtu.be/7tRMV049vWs

A few of my own photo contributions:

A big thanks to Kate (pictured below), and all of her friends (a lil further down) for providing all the entertainment they did all throughout the event. Hard working ladies.

This lil boy was to die for...... he had me, Kate, and the whole crowd going as he decided to show Kate a couple of his own dance moves. Funny stuff.....

And as you can see from this photo here..... I was literally right next to the main stage (look in background to the right):

Here's the link to the entire album for any of you who care to look: http://s229.photobucket.com/user/bpd1151/slideshow/2015%20Tuner%20Galleria%20Chicago

Again, walked away empty handed as far as a trophy surprisingly enough, but am filled with a lifetime's worth of wonderful memories and solidified friendships, both new, and old.

A great way to open the 2015 season and I look forward to many more.

BiGMaC

Glad you had a good time Mike.  I am certain you are THE person to have represented the SHO!  It is hard to win a contest when the rules are not made known.   Still, looks like you had a blast!  Thanks for posting the pics and link for those of us who couldn't go.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Did you cart Jeff home at the end of the show this time also, Mike?  :D  I guess it's become harder and harder to make engine/trans mods that stand out (your SHO being an exception), so the movement is to body & electronics.  Or maybe they are testing the waters and they'll switch back next year?  Still, the classy cockpit layout shoulda held some sway.

In any case, great pics (Dad's Wingman, nice!) and clip, looking forward to more!
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

bpd1151

Ha!

No carting of Jeff home this time around.

Since competitors were required to "roll-in" & set up the day before, he had to fend for himself.

Not sure on the duration of implemented changes. I've been doing shows long enough now to know that trends (& their degrees of importance on the judging totem pole) change over time.

Some last longer than others. I'm not worried about it. As I explained to the crew that critiqued my car, I have plans for audio/video upgrades, but am purposely holding off for the time being, as my short term goals are to get to track with new motor for new records.

Didn't care to weigh the car down any further by adding big amps / sub's / TV's / etc.

But like I said, still had a blast. Went to Gibson's (a well known, high end steakhouse here) & feasted on their HUGE 46oz T-Bone..... then proceeded to hit the bars in the area starting at Toby Keith's. Then followed it up with some late night shenanigans at the Embassy Suites, only to wake up in a stupor to the show's opening to the public.

LOL. Good times had by all. :ok:

BiGMaC

Ha... got a laugh here.... don't want to weigh down the SHO but ate a T-bone star as big as a small cow!   Of course, what else would you eat in Chicago!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

bpd1151

Hahaha..... Well the car wasn't going anywhere, & i'm at work tonight.

So hopefully it'll have come to pass so to speak in due time.

LMAO.

And there's a wealth of fantastic quisines to select from here i'll have you know.