• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2016 Ford Focus RS

Started by anthonylee337, February 04, 2015, 12:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

anthonylee337

Anyone else reading up on this awesome hatchback? I'm sure this lightweight can be tuned up to 400 horsepower with AWD and a sport tuned suspension. This car will be lightning fast-it will be like a small version of the SHO! I'm sure this car will sell like hot cakes!
2013 SHO tuxedo black ppkg LMS stage 4 K+N

EcoPowerParts

It's an RS, been available in EU for years, amazing hot hatch, AWD, 300+ HP and amazing AWD setup.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

FracaSHO

I was just reading about it. What caught my eye was that it's the first "performance based" awd system developed by Ford. In other words, the RS is going to be a WRX / Evo killer!

For years I prayed Ford would up the ante in there performance line up. Now that they are producing 12 new performance vehicles in the next 5 years, I'm gonna have a hard time picking which one I want in my garage (I'm the guy that takes forever to order food at a restaurant cause I just can't make up my mind). Be careful what you wish for.
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP

anthonylee337

anthonylee337

Once this car gets tuned I would be curious to see the quarter mile times-it can't weight more than 3200lbs. The 6 speed manual tranny should make it a blast to drive.

Txstrmhntr

If LMS and others can get that 2.3L in the Mustang into the 12s and 11s. A lighter AWD version is going to be insane

OLD
2013 Taurus SHO with PP, LET Tuned, ATP+2 Turbos ,PPE Hotpipes, PPE off road DP's,  Alky control methanol injection
NEW-- 2016 Kona Blue Fiesta ST, Stock(not for long)

wasinger3000

Oh yeah.. I'm really considering it. I hope they make enough of them.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

Txstrmhntr

Quote from: wasinger3000 on February 04, 2015, 01:22:39 PM

I am definitely considering it, it all depends on MSRP at this point
OLD
2013 Taurus SHO with PP, LET Tuned, ATP+2 Turbos ,PPE Hotpipes, PPE off road DP's,  Alky control methanol injection
NEW-- 2016 Kona Blue Fiesta ST, Stock(not for long)

wasinger3000

Quote from: Txstrmhntr on February 04, 2015, 01:28:40 PM
Quote from: wasinger3000 on February 04, 2015, 01:22:39 PM

I am definitely considering it, it all depends on MSRP at this point
Same here. I don't want to drop 45k on a focus.. it's an awsome focus.. but the inside is still cramped and I bet it won't be the softest ride or the most comfortable.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

anthonylee337

Unfortunately it looks like one of these little babies with all the fixings will be priced well in the 40's.

vernonator

Quote from: Txstrmhntr on February 04, 2015, 01:21:07 PM
If LMS and others can get that 2.3L in the Mustang into the 12s and 11s. A lighter AWD version is going to be insane

Can you imagine Autocrossing that bad boy? It will be like driving a go-kart - with 300+ HP!!!!!
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

Airbornemaikai

Quote from: anthonylee337 on February 04, 2015, 03:24:09 PM
Unfortunately it looks like one of these little babies with all the fixings will be priced well in the 40's.

This is exactly what I'm afraid of. It sure is nice to see all these new vehicles offering such performance, but at the same time they are just getting more and more expensive, I could not justify spending that kind of money on a car like this
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

FracaSHO

Quote from: anthonylee337 on February 04, 2015, 01:11:07 PM
Once this car gets tuned I would be curious to see the quarter mile times-it can't weight more than 3200lbs. The 6 speed manual tranny should make it a blast to drive.

That about what he current ST weighs. But add the slightly larger engine, beefier suspension, and awd system. Should be well under 4,000 lbs though.
Brad
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO w/ PP