• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

What r the best tires for flower rims

Started by Glassman710, February 01, 2015, 11:55:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glassman710

What are the best tires for the flower rims performance wise
2013 SHO with Performance Pack, SunTek CXP 18% Tints, Corsa Cat Back Exhaust, K&N Drop in filter, Unleashed 93 octane 2 bar tune. 12.75 @ 107.71 @ palm beach raceway, Florida DYNO JET 346.27 WHP 385.95 WTQ

ZSHO

Since you live in Florida Glassman,personally would go for the Hankook evo-v-12's high performance summer tire with good treadlife and rating http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=Hankook&tireModel=Ventus+V12+evo2&partnum=545YR0K120XL&vehicleSearch=true&fromCompare1=yes&autoMake=Ford&autoYear=2013&autoModel=Taurus&autoModClar=SHO you can go a 1/2 inch wider with the 255-45-20 which many members have,like myself.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

panther427

There are better tires out there but the can cost 2 or even 3 times as much. They will offer better grip in the dry but usually give up wet traction and wear very quickly.

I too would recommend the evo v12. There is now two generations of that tire. both are good. If you got a great deal on the first gen some how I'd buy it.

Tell us more about what you want from the tires
2013 SHO

Glassman710

Quote from: panther427 on February 01, 2015, 01:38:26 PM
There are better tires out there but the can cost 2 or even 3 times as much. They will offer better grip in the dry but usually give up wet traction and wear very quickly.

I too would recommend the evo v12. There is now two generations of that tire. both are good. If you got a great deal on the first gen some how I'd buy it.

Tell us more about what you want from the tires

What i want is a great Daily Driver and track tire, since i live in miami i can get away with driving with summer tires all year round. i was looking at these

Michelin-Pilot® Super Sport
Item #: 646621
Manufacturer Part #: 26093
Tire Size: 245/45ZR20/XL 103(Y)
are the EVO v12 better?

All input is appreciated! thanks   
2013 SHO with Performance Pack, SunTek CXP 18% Tints, Corsa Cat Back Exhaust, K&N Drop in filter, Unleashed 93 octane 2 bar tune. 12.75 @ 107.71 @ palm beach raceway, Florida DYNO JET 346.27 WHP 385.95 WTQ

panther427

They are some of the better tires I was talkin about. They are top tier for sure. Depends on what you want to spend. tire rack for the stock size the Hancooks are $169 a tire and the Michelin are $308. A quick look at discount tires had them for $280. That's a huge price gap. I haven't personally driven on both to compare but I personally don't think they are a $110 dollar per tire better. But the Michelin do have a tread wear warranty.
This test is of the original evo v12 vs then then best Michelin ps2. The new super sport has since replaced them
http://m.caranddriver.com/comparisons/hankook-ventus-v12-evo-page-10

http://m.caranddriver.com/comparisons/monsters-of-grip-nine-summer-performance-tires-tested-comparison-test

These test give you an idea how every tire has its strengths and weakness.
2013 SHO

Glassman710

Quote from: panther427 on February 01, 2015, 02:52:59 PM
They are some of the better tires I was talkin about. They are top tier for sure. Depends on what you want to spend. tire rack for the stock size the Hancooks are $169 a tire and the Michelin are $308. A quick look at discount tires had them for $280. That's a huge price gap. I haven't personally driven on both to compare but I personally don't think they are a $110 dollar per tire better. But the Michelin do have a tread wear warranty.
This test is of the original evo v12 vs then then best Michelin ps2. The new super sport has since replaced them
http://m.caranddriver.com/comparisons/hankook-ventus-v12-evo-page-10

http://m.caranddriver.com/comparisons/monsters-of-grip-nine-summer-performance-tires-tested-comparison-test

These test give you an idea how every tire has its strengths and weakness.

I can get them for $1,100 after tax and install at costco with warranty and free rotate, balancing , and tire care (patches)  is that good?

http://tires2.costco.com/product.aspx?ItemNo=646621&SearchID=12369d3a-a30e-42ca-b5ad-fb46565384ff

panther427

2013 SHO

ZSHO

Thats a good price,me personally called my service advisor and requested the price on a particular tire and they matched the price including install,high speed force balancing for lifetime,also had some advantage reward points which were applied,and the convenience of not having to carry or putting tires in my car,another note is your always going to get better traction with summer tires due to the soft rubber compound,good luck and keep us updated.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Glassman710

Quote from: ZSHO on February 01, 2015, 05:46:50 PM
Thats a good price,me personally called my service advisor and requested the price on a particular tire and they matched the price including install,high speed force balancing for lifetime,also had some advantage reward points which were applied,and the convenience of not having to carry or putting tires in my car,another note is your always going to get better traction with summer tires due to the soft rubber compound,good luck and keep us updated.

just purchased pilot super sports they are being shipped in, i will have them in 3-5 days i will keep everyone updated on how she drives on them!