• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2013 Spoiler on 2011?

Started by nickstewartroc, February 04, 2015, 02:10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nickstewartroc

I really like the look of the 2013+ spoiler better than the 2011 style. I was thinking about trying to see if it would be a simple swap or something more like the rear light swap where you have to also buy a new trunk lid. Anybody have any ideas? I was thinking about trying to see how mine mounts and having someone with a 2013+ measure theirs.
Thanks,
Nick
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune

bpd1151

If you have backup cam, you will need to consider purchasing the Ford emblem (for 2013+) which incorporates the cam into the emblem.

Or choose to do w/o rear view cam entirely.

The spoiler will fit, but it won't be a "simple" mod as desired due to different design & different mounting points.

You can do body work to fill holes and repaint, but keep in mind the aforementioned back up cam issue.

Additionally, if you chose to purchase a 2013+ trunk lid (in theory to make it "easier") you might also consider going full tilt & picking up a full set of the LED tails & complete the look.

nickstewartroc

Shoot, was hoping it would be a simple unbolt 2011 bolt 2013 and totally forgot about the backup sensor! Thanks for the info bpd!
Current:
2013 Ruby Red Flex Limited EcoBoost, Unleashed Tuned, drop in filter

Gone but not forgotten: 2011 SHO Non-PP in Black Tuxedo Metallic - Catback, DPs, Stoptech Z23s, MDesign CAI, LMS Tune