• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Livernois Meth Kit

Started by g03svt, June 19, 2013, 02:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

g03svt

How many of you have installed this kit yourself?  If so, how was it?  I have the MyCal with stage 4 now, so would they just send me a stage 5 tune after install?

crash712us

I installed mine all by myself, it was about 8hr job in total. It wasn't to bad of a job all in all, and probably could do in half the time if I where to do again. Not hard, but time consuming.

2011 tuxedo black non pp, LMS stage 5, Corsa cat back, LMS down pipes, Airaid, Alky control meth injection, Megan Racing coil overs, EBC rotor&pads, Mobsteel grill, 2013 trans cooler. 403whp 417wtq 12.25 @ 110

EcoBrick Bob

For those of you that aren't familiar with the Livernois Methanol kit, it is made by Alky Control.  It requires you to mount the pump lower than the bottom of your Methanol Container as well as the spray nozzle.  Most people use the stock Windshield Washer Reservoir for the Methanol, so that means the pump goes on the drivers side fairly low in front of the wheel well. This requires one to remove the front bumper. 

The reason for the lower location of the pump is to make sure it is gravity primed at all times. This is a great idea for those who don't remember or have time to make sure your pump is primed. 

Another feature of the Alky Control/Livernois system is a controller that varies the voltage to the pump based on RPM.

The system I acquired from Torrie was less complicated as it used a boost sensor that turned the pump on  at a set PSI and turned it off when boost dropped below that amount.  It was less expensive, much easier to install. 

Using that system with a mixture of about 75% methanol spray and 93 octane fuel, I was the first Flex in the 12's, which was accomplished on Continntal Extreme DW summer tires.  Later, I was more consistent when I had Nitto 05R Drag Radials on the front. 
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.