• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

New wheels installed....

Started by WhitePlatinumSHO, December 30, 2014, 08:03:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WhitePlatinumSHO

New Sanvini BM10's installed......

2016 Platinum White SHO
- Unleashed Tune & 3 Bar MAP

2010 Red Candy SHO - Gone but not forgotten
1997 Cobra Coupe - 659rwhp / 609rwtq

SHOdded

Looks sharp, man!  Good going :thumb:  What other wheels were in the running?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

ZSHO

;) ;) ;) ;) ;)Looks great on there,like the wheels with the upgraded grille,gives it a nice bold appeal.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

WhitePlatinumSHO

Thanks guys. I looked at several wheels - Niche M150's, Foose Outcast, Niche M114 Surge, even looked at black chrome stockers.....some many wheels. I am not a huge fan of black wheels, so they had to be graphite or machined / silver.....I figured when I get bored of the silver / machined look, I can always have them powder coated a darker color....
I loved my stock wheels, but they were beat up pretty bad. Lots of scratches and clear was starting to peel. Going to have them fixed and refinished...
2016 Platinum White SHO

BiGMaC

Love the wheels! shows off the brakes well...

But i really love the Tommy Z grille and the red surround!... Super Look! Great job RCS.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Dxlnt1

With the splash of red showing on the calipers, I think a machined wheel with polished "lip" would be tits on your car. You have a dark theme, dark red, tinted windows, black fender emblem, tad bit of chrome on various trim pieces and black tires. So a dark wheel in my opinion looks more gooderer on a dark car. Especially when the accents are right.

I want to highlight my calipers and the only color that would fit would be red. But Just a splash such as yours. Your car looks great either way.
2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

Zorin

Looks great, I had a set of Motegi that looked pretty similar on my 96 accord, again nice choice.

Z
2011PP, Kona Blue, 255/45/20 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 3 Bar, 170 stat, LMS 93+Race Tune with ACES IV, Quantum Blue Fluids.

SHOnUup

Looks FANTASTIC!

Still debating if I want a polished type rim or black. This makes the decision much harder as I was leaning black.

You wouldn't happen to be from MI?

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

mval

very sharp. it's amazing the difference in the look of a car when you open up the wheels. only down side is more maintanence keeping the inside of the wheel clean, but it's worth it& you're right when you start looking at wheels the amount of choices are mind boggling. love your grill to death. wish i had ability to do it.
mikev
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen

ZSHO

An important factor to take into consideration besides looks and appearance is the type of material the rims consist of,aluminuim alloy rim will be your best bet,for its lighter and sturdy material to give you the best of both worlds. http://tires.about.com/od/understanding_wheels/a/Wheel-Composition-And-Construction.htm

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Snacks15

Theres no time like SHOTIME!!

RedNose

Very clean and nice addition.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2015 Ingot Silver Sho-Ordered
2005 Black Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7L-Daily
2009 Titanium Dodge Charger SXT- Sold
2000 Red Bmw 328i- Somewhere
1996 Silver Taurus Sho- Sold

WhitePlatinumSHO

2016 Platinum White SHO

BBOX

Your car looks good as hell. Do you have any shots from the rear by chance? I've currently got stock wheels that are 20"x8" and I'm giving some consideration to going to 20"x8.5" but I'm wanting to see the difference in how the wheels look from behind in terms of filling out the wheel well before I make a final decision.

BiGMaC

The flower wheels are 20 x 8.5  here's some views of my car... Suspension and tires are stock.  I plan a 1+ to 255 aspect and the Megan coilovers. Wanna drop the body 1/2 to 1 inch in front and 1 to 1.5 inches in back. Don't want o get tires of larger diameter and sacrifice the low end pull.   Hrere's a recent thread with that kind of drop and Stuntz car:  http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,4275.msg66365.html#msg66365
Hopes this helps.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock