• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

How many of you realized after purchasing your vehicle there was a PP!!

Started by zamirlihari, December 24, 2014, 07:35:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ZSHO

I purchased my car mid Aug 2013 brand new with 60 miles on it,with a build date of 9/12,put about 400 miles on it and learning the car,found out there was a PP also,called up so many dealers and was able to find one about 60 miles away,same color but a PP brand new with 2 miles on it with 11/12 build date,don't want to get into a debate,but even my wife noticed the sound and handling difference after test driving it,everything wad nicely wrapped up inside and out and traded in,which is my current vehicle now,enjoying every minute of it,the point i am really and honestly trying to point out is two things,do your research before purchasing,and if possible take the car on the highway and do about 80 and slow sown rapidly,cause the first SHO,found out the rotors were warped,only noticeable on excessive speeds and slowing down fast,sorry for the long story,figured might help someone out,cause the longer the car sits there is more potential risks involved such in my case,also why so many times a dealer does not have the vehicle there,and tells you we have to go and get it,who knows where the car is stored at,by the way this will be my 2nd holiday season with the SHO and still lovin it,thanks

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

BiGMaC

Part of the problem is that the SHO is limited production and not really marketed by Ford at all.  I did know there was a PP.  I weighed the differences and made the decision that I wanted ACC (which is not available on PP) more that the modified gearing of 1st since it had to be a DD also. It's my second Christmas with the big girl too... and like you I really love this car!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

Larrylu

I too knew about the PP option, but having done my homework, I agonized for a while, and then made my choice. I wanted the Adaptive Cruise, I did not want the short life summer performance tires as my year round tire choice, and I thought the ride of the non PP was just right for me....firmer than the Taurus yet softer than the PP. I would have picked the PP's 20 inch wheels, and the gear ratio, and the brakes if I could have, but all in all, I'd make the same choice today.
2010 Loaded, Non PP, Steel Blue Metallic, Livernois Stage 4+, Blacked out grill, Nexus 7 Tablet running Torque Pro

ElvenSho

Quote from: Larrylu on December 24, 2014, 11:17:50 AM
I too knew about the PP option, but having done my homework, I agonized for a while, and then made my choice. I wanted the Adaptive Cruise, I did not want the short life summer performance tires as my year round tire choice, and I thought the ride of the non PP was just right for me....firmer than the Taurus yet softer than the PP. I would have picked the PP's 20 inch wheels, and the gear ratio, and the brakes if I could have, but all in all, I'd make the same choice today.

same with me, knew there was PP but after mods they are about even anyways plus non-pp drives better as a DD.
2011 Red Taurus SHO- H&R springs, plugs, t-stat, 3bar, LMS dps, tuned by Torrie

J-Will

I factory ordered my car, so I knew all the options going in. I too chose the non pp route in favor of the driver assist package. In my mind, the options that the pp comes with are ones that can be added later (perhaps a few exceptions due to the radar sensors).
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

TSS

I knew about PP....as it was in the brochures and online builds. With all that,  I ended up with an MKS. LOL.   If I was getting a new SHO, I would go with a non PP for a variety of reasons.   All season tires are one of those reasons.  Used, I would go with either and replace the used tires with all seasons and factor that into the price comparison.   
2010 Steel Blue Metallic MKS Ecoboost: LME 3-Bar Tuned; tint; 20" Factory rims Permachromed

2017 Summit White Buick Envision Premium AWD 2.0 Turbo
2017 Silver Cadillac XTS V-Sport Platinum  3.6 Twin Turbo; LME tuned.

ecoboostsho

I bought my pp used from a Chevy dealership and it had winter tires on it so I figured it was the regular SHO but the VIN said otherwise when I looked up the sticker. The dealership had no clue.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

2013 White SHO w/PP, Gearhead Tuned, 3 Bar, 160T, Plugs...Mess with the Bull and you'll get the Horn. :)
Previous 2011 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP - 12.89 1/4 Mile