• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Need some info on gauges

Started by BiGMaC, December 20, 2014, 03:28:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BiGMaC

Anyone running a 3 gauge setup using OBD2 interceptor type gauges... PLX, Aeroforce... etc. I can do wideband and other analog/sensor readings with PLX, just not sure about aeroforce.

Balancing the desire for a blacked out gauge when not running and colors/appearance since '13+ doesn't have any circular gages except speedo (and it disappears).

I'm tired of looking at Chris' gauge pod in the box! So I'm on the diving board about to take the plunge.

Also... PLX has adjustable polling rate... like oil temp does not need to be checked 10x/sec)... but does using OBD@ slow down the ECM polling of the sensors?

Planning on wideband AFR, knock/timing, boost/vacuum, tranny temp, EGR, G force... (either brand will scroll to other parameters, and both view and clear DTCs) PLX display is programmable (completely customizable)... both are award winning. 

Thanks in advance

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock