• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Another torque gauge installation thread

Started by Stuntz, December 06, 2014, 12:33:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuntz

I've been working on this for a few days. I wanted some more gauges for the SHO but didn't want them to stick out. After seeing some other torque threads I decided that was the way to go.  So after some research I purchased a non working android phone for cheap. I then picked up a Bluetooth obd plug and the torque app and started working.

This is what I ended up with.

I decided I didn't need a sunglass holder and it would allow me to hide the gauges anytime I wanted. This also allows me to monitor and record any parameters I want to for future tuning.

2013 SHO PP
Unleashed Tuned, Airaid, 3 bar, 170 t-stat, H&R Springs

SHOnUup

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

ZSHO

That really looks good in there,been planning this mod for quite a while know just havent had the time to,mine would of had a remote to make it open and close the compartment,Lol.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Josephm

Man that is a creative spot to put it. I like it
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

jtoddk98

How'd you do the wiring?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

Stuntz

There is no wiring. The phone communicates w the car via the bluetooth adapter and since all of the radio's are off expect the Bluetooth the battery lasts a good week. When it gets low I just plug in my cellphone charger
2013 SHO PP
Unleashed Tuned, Airaid, 3 bar, 170 t-stat, H&R Springs

jtoddk98

Man. You must be using a good phone for it to last a week. I use an old LG revolution that is mounted on my windshield using an old garmin mount and some double sided tape.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver