• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2016 Explorer gets a major overhaul

Started by PokerMunkee, November 19, 2014, 02:56:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PokerMunkee

2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

wasinger3000

Oh man that front end looks so much better than before. It resembles an suv again.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

Airbornemaikai

I'm actually not a fan of the redesigned front end. Wondering what the sport model will look like, it will most likely have its own unique grill once again. I'm also curious if they will finally offer any type of side support on the drivers and passengers seats so you don't slip and slide all over the place while driving
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260

liteyouup

Quote from: Airbornemaikai on November 19, 2014, 04:20:35 PM
I'm actually not a fan of the redesigned front end. Wondering what the sport model will look like, it will most likely have its own unique grill once again. I'm also curious if they will finally offer any type of side support on the drivers and passengers seats so you don't slip and slide all over the place while driving

You slide around?  What are you weighing in at? Buck 25?

LOL JK
2013 Explorer Sport
...and on that day, not one #@%$ was given.

Airbornemaikai

Lol I wish I was lighter. I'm actually 220 right now :( working on it though lol. I don't mind it too much but my wife complains about it constantly. Just want some more side support, imo it's more comfortable with better side support too, especially when being passenger and trying to get some zzz's on a road trip. I am anxious though to see what they do to make the sport model unique since they are offering the 3.5 on the platinum as well
2014 Explorer Sport
Airaid 401-260

Airbornemaikai

Ok who the heck am I kidding, I'd rather pull over and sleep than let the wife drive 😱
2014 Explorer Sport
Airaid 401-260

SHOdded

Taking some cues from the F150 with the lighting :)  Will be interesting how it's received.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!