• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

2011 SHO Dipped Grill and Rims

Started by Zorin, November 12, 2014, 10:36:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zorin

Did some work on the grill and rims this weekend.  Dipped FTW!!

Enjoy,
Z
2011PP, Kona Blue, 255/45/20 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 3 Bar, 170 stat, LMS 93+Race Tune with ACES IV, Quantum Blue Fluids.

SHOdded

Great execution!  Did you use glossifier?
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

glock-coma

2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

CroR1

How many coats did you do on the wheels? Please update this thread after winter, I am curious how the wheels hold up. Also I wondr if car wash would destroy them? By the way it looks nice

SHOnUup

Looks great!

By the looks I'm gonna say no glossifier, and car washes will not hurt it. Cleaning products will dull sections touched though. Well, that's my experience with the glossifier on.

Note to self: No glossifier next time.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

Zorin

Thanks for comments everyone. 

I did use the clear coat on the grill, but was not impressed how it orange peeled after it was fully dry, so I didn't put the clear coat on the rims.  The grill and rims took about 4 cans with 4-5 coats on each item.  I did run the car through the car wash the same day I sprayed everything, just to see if the spray would hold up on the rims and grill and did not have any issues (pretty tough stuff).  As far as winter, I live in Florida, so I won't be able to give you a good winter report other than the fishing is still good during the winter time here, LOL!!!  The one really great thing about spraying this stuff was the fact that I didn't have to mask off the tires,  after the final coat dried I just peeled off the overspray from the tire area and inside rim, which made for a very clean look.  I did take all the tires off the car, clean, wipe and blow all the residual water off with my air compressor.  I didn't take the grill off, due to being lazy (pictures attached).

Enjoy,
Z
2011PP, Kona Blue, 255/45/20 Michelin Pilot Super Sports, 3 Bar, 170 stat, LMS 93+Race Tune with ACES IV, Quantum Blue Fluids.

Zorin

Follow up:

I have taken my SHO through the car wash about 5 times now, 3 times through the blasters (brushless) and 2 times through the soft cloth with no issues of the rubber coating coming off, tough rubber stuff....Mikey like!!!!

Enjoy,
Z

SHOdded

Awesome!  That's the way it should be :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

FLOSHO21

Looks good!! I've been debating dipping my wheels black also.
2010 SHO Platinum non PP
H&R springs, K&N panel, NGK-6510, 170 T-stat, Unleashed Tune, 3 bar, 13' MC/booster, Unleashed 3" DPs, W/M
12.74@108.5 3/15
8.07@86.5 best 1/8th 9/15