• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Hello from Full-Race

Started by Full-Race Geoff, June 18, 2013, 02:20:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Full-Race Geoff

hello, my names Geoff Raicer, im the lead engineer for Full-Race.com and oversee new product development here.  Lately my primary focus has been ecoboost turbo development.  Ive been a lurker for a while but will contribute more, hopefully this site  becomes the place for ecoboost enthusiasts in all types of vehicles!  The admin/mod here Mike B "4drhtrd" is a great guy ive become friends with over the last year and excited to see what can be done with these engines. 

We have some audacious plans for the 2.0L as well as the 3.5L and will be sure to put build threads up as the next round of work is done.  Our big project is a 2014 Fusion that will be in Ford's SEMA booth this year... if the admin is OK we will put up the build thread here :)

SHOdded

Maybe under General Category/Vehicle Build Topics, or Vehicle Specific/Fusion?  would be cool to see your SEMA build  :biggrin:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

EcoPowerParts

Quote from: Full-Race Geoff on June 18, 2013, 02:20:09 PM
hello, my names Geoff Raicer, im the lead engineer for Full-Race.com and oversee new product development here.  Lately my primary focus has been ecoboost turbo development.  Ive been a lurker for a while but will contribute more, hopefully this site  becomes the place for ecoboost enthusiasts in all types of vehicles!  The admin/mod here Mike B "4drhtrd" is a great guy ive become friends with over the last year and excited to see what can be done with these engines. 

We have some audacious plans for the 2.0L as well as the 3.5L and will be sure to put build threads up as the next round of work is done.  Our big project is a 2014 Fusion that will be in Ford's SEMA booth this year... if the admin is OK we will put up the build thread here :)
Please ooh please ooh please :)
Don't make me beg! :)
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

bpd1151

Welcome aboard! :hi:

Glad to have you here on EBPF! :thumb:

The community and its members look forward to your involvement!

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk 2

SuperBrick

Fancy seeing you here Geoff!  I have bought all kinds of Full-Race goodies back in the day when I was building my EF.  I can vouch for the amazing quality of their products.  I am actually getting ready to blow the dust off my EF and swap in a new F-R EF track bar and radiator to ditch the stuff I build years ago. 

I just joined today but welcome!
2013 Ford Flex Limited AWD EcoBoost w/ Titanium Package

1988 Honda CRX Si w/ B16A1 motor swap and a 'large' turbo: 1900 lbs + 11.2:1 + 18 psi = 100mph tire melter

Full-Race Geoff

thanks guys EBPF is off to a great start :)

so what is your favorite motor of the bunch and why?

DJE624

The 3.5 of course! (I'm biased)  It is the original Ecoboost, full of raw power stock and a great deal of potential. 

EcoBrick Bob

Torrie has a Focus ST  that he has been tuning and modifying.  Seems to be lots of potential in the 2.0 EcoBoost motor. 

Wish someone would stuff a EB 3.5 in a new Fusion or MKZ!  That would be unbelieveable!
2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

DJE624

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on June 19, 2013, 10:59:30 PM
Wish someone would stuff a EB 3.5 in a new Fusion or MKZ!  That would be unbelieveable!

OH YEAH!

Full-Race Geoff

Quote from: EcoBrick Bob on June 19, 2013, 10:59:30 PM
Torrie has a Focus ST  that he has been tuning and modifying.  Seems to be lots of potential in the 2.0 EcoBoost motor. 

We are building this 2014 fusion so ive been coming up with ideas to make it a true "Full-Race" project.  The best idea I had so far was using the MKZ 3.7L motor mounts, a 3.5L ecoboost engine would be a bolt-in swap.  IMHO the most exciting way to go would be start with the fusion 2.0L AWD titanium (because the gdi fuel system already in place and the rear drive parts are there) and then convert over to SHO/flex/explorer driveline.. I actually pitched that idea of the 3.5L AWD motor swap in a fusion but ford guys said nope they want us to develop the fwd 2.0L fusion platform ... so that is what we are going to do.  lots of options ive been considering after we do the fwd 2.0 build initially:

-focus ST / fiesta ST steering knuckle swap
-awd 2.0 swap?
-awd 2.0 with manual trans (mazdaspeed6) and AWD driveline?
-awd 3.5? 

There is so much potential with the ecoboost engines (just the same old duratec engines really, better sleeves, heads injection) and CD3 shared chassis platforms.  im really excited to see what this forum is like in 10 years when the ecoboost engines are as cheap and common as a honda B20 and there is a mature aftermarket in place... i will do my part to help!

Full-Race Geoff

I believe the mkz awd is an intermediate and in retrospect i wish i asked Ford to build one of those!  I have read about the rear drive clutches and the warnings, sure would be nice to pull a salvage-yard unit apart and really break it down, see how to add more clutches, and maybe an external cooler...

http://www.full-race.com/store/r14-awd-skyline/ets-pro-center-diff-torque-split-controller-for-r32-r33-r34-skyline-gt-r-1.html