• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

First trip to the track with the SHO

Started by Stuntz, October 26, 2014, 08:30:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stuntz

I bought my 2013 SHO right under a month ago and finally got it to the track. I picked it up used with 27k on the clock. It has an Airaid cai only from my knowledge. I don't see anything else. I even looked at the map sensor and it is stock. My very first run I ran a 13.019 @106.34. That was in 64* weather. I ran 4 more times and in 90* heat I was able to run a 13.017 @ 105.83. I'm really impressed but is this normal?
2013 SHO PP
Unleashed Tuned, Airaid, 3 bar, 170 t-stat, H&R Springs

SHOnUup

Not normal at all for stock...was there a tornado near by pushing you, lol.

Must be some goodies hiding in there.

Rich

Welcome aboard the forum also.
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

glock-coma

You ran faster stock than I ran with a Torrie 3bar tune......:(
Someone's tune is in that thing. Now just to find out who's......
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

SHOnUup

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded

Welcome to EBPF, Stuntz, great times!  Post up a new member intro here :)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

Stuntz

Just posted an intro on there. What are some things to look for to see if it has a tune? 
2013 SHO PP
Unleashed Tuned, Airaid, 3 bar, 170 t-stat, H&R Springs

ZSHO

Welcome aboard parner,the easiest way would be to check the spark plugs,at 27k they should be original gapped around 0.35,if the car had a tune should be at 0.30,another way is checking the t-stat,original is 180 and send us some pics of the new ride,especially the engine ,good luck.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOdded

+1.  Also, if you can get a hold of an iPad or similar Apple device and run Dynolicious on it, you could get pretty good 1/4 mile and HP/TQ estimates.  OR you could run it at the track with a known DA and check the timeslip(s) :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

PokerMunkee

Running 13 flat, definitely has a tune!

I wonder if you could email Livernois and Torrie with any info and they could look up your car in their database.  Not sure if a VIN would do.  There has to be a number you can get in diagnostic mode that they have in their records?
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

Fa-SHO

That's me in your second slip.  That's what I was telling you on Sunday, it's completely out of the ordinary to run that quick stock.  Good thing is, whoever's tune it is is doing a good job so less money you have to spend.  Glad to see another SHO out there, hopefully you'll be running all the Muscle car races next year!  That's a good time since the DA was 2800, on a cooler day on the same track i've run a 12.80 out there, so you should be the same.
2013 SHO w/PP, x-pipe, dynomax mufflers, k&n drop-in filter, 170* t-stat, 3-bar MAP, LMS tune
1/8th: 8.71 @ 84 mph (factory stock)
1/8th: 8.18 @ 84 mph (above mods)
1/4: 12.80 @ 107 mph (above mods)