• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Unleashed tune question

Started by shotime99, October 24, 2014, 12:26:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shotime99

Installed my 93 and 91 3 bar Mao tunes tonite.. I'm out doing some runs.. Launches awesome and pulls top end speeds way better!
But... The shift from 1-2 is violent like axle breaking hard.. Seems the issues is just before it shifts the engine shuts down for some reason causing the shift to bang into gear.. And I lose all my momentum.any ideas?.
2014 Taurus SHO w/PP and H & R spring kit

shotime99

Actually might be 2-3 shift also

SHOmanMike84

Ask Torrie to soften the 1-2 shift some. My car also had very hard 1-2 shifts, felt like the damn thing ran over a gigantic pothole.

2013 SHO, PP, Unleashed E25 tune, 3bar, aFe panel filter, 170* thermo, PPE catted DP's, 3rd cat delete, Eibach springs, Black powder coated flower wheels.

shotime99

K. Ya he said he didn't know.. I can see shift percentages.. Is that something I can change? But what about the engine suddenly dropping RPM?

SHOmanMike84

I'd have Torrie adjust it.

Is it possible you could take a video while the car suddenly drops rpms?

2013 SHO, PP, Unleashed E25 tune, 3bar, aFe panel filter, 170* thermo, PPE catted DP's, 3rd cat delete, Eibach springs, Black powder coated flower wheels.

SHOdded

x2 on above ... keep in mind also that you have a new wheel/tire combo, so all sorts of possibilities for traction issues.  Lighter wheel/tire setups may not give you enough suspension dampening, and stickier/squishier tires may not let you roll the power to the ground fast enough, etc.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

shotime99

Ya tomorrow I can try n a video.. Rpms drop before the shift.. Only glitch I can see

FoMoCoSHO

Quote from: shotime99 on October 24, 2014, 01:11:27 AM
Ya tomorrow I can try n a video.. Rpms drop before the shift.. Only glitch I can see
Are you sure your RPM's are dropping?  Torrie adjusted my shift point to 5800ish to keep the power from dropping off because these engines cannot breathe above that, also puts you in your Torque band longer after the shift...

That violence in the front end is copious amounts of power causing wheel hop. :)

He can adjust that for you.

alpine_jake

Thats hot rodding for ya! Wheel hop is your problem, it bet money on it. Mine does the same thing! Curious to see if some re-tuning would help form torrie
2010 Non-pp pearl white, Torrie tuned, 3Bar, Dyno Max mufflers and polished 4"tips, 170 Thermo, slotted and drilled black rotors, ceramic pads, silver calipers, tinted tails, .030 NGK

shotime99

I don't think its wheel hop tho.. It hasn't shifted yet its just before the shift.. I will try dropping the shift points .. The rpm I think is set at 6200. It kooks like it flies past 6500 then maybe rev limits And shifts at the sane time?

jtoddk98

Quote from: shotime99 on October 24, 2014, 10:36:14 AM
I don't think its wheel hop tho.. It hasn't shifted yet its just before the shift.. I will try dropping the shift points .. The rpm I think is set at 6200. It kooks like it flies past 6500 then maybe rev limits And shifts at the sane time?
I had the same problem on my stock SHO before I got new tires. I would floor it and the rpm would shoot past the redline, the engine would cut off till about 4000 rpm. Then it would bang into second. When I got the new tires put on (pilot sport a/s3) the car didn't do it any more.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

shotime99

Torrie mentioned he found a glitch in the SCT template(whatever that means!! lol) so he sent me a 2 new 91 and 93 tunes today.. never tried the 93 but the 91 has cured the engine death at high rpm and now shifts solid and no cut out.. now tho.. I do notice wheel hop between 1-2 and 2-3 that tho is not so bad.. it was only 7deg C out today so cold pavement and tires..
he mentioned others may need the updated tune.. prolly caused him more work!

SHOdded

Nice!!!  Now to get that hop under control ;)
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOmanMike84

Glad Torrie was able to remedy your problem, enjoy!

CroR1

just an off topic question, what is a strategy code? how is it obtainable?