• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

TC-W3 Rated 2 stroke oil UCL

Started by wasinger3000, October 21, 2014, 11:24:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wasinger3000

Is anyone here running a UCL of any kind? Reason I ask is because using meth injection may or may not "wash" the thin oil coating off the cylinder walls.

After reading a few threads on different forums I've found that a lot of people are using a TC-W3 Rated 2 stroke oil in a 500:1 ratio or 1 ounce for every 5 gallons. This small ammount of oil shouldn't cause fouling.

Here is the thread from another forum.

They have quite a collective of data.

http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/open-discussion-using-tc-w3-oil-additive-24208.html
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

FoMoCoSHO

You sent me to a fuel economy forum?

LOL!

With the boost you are running decreasing octane sounds like a horrible idea.

Josephm

I would be careful using it with this engine as its DI not port injected.
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

Josephm

If you do, do it. If you can record your results, was a pretty interesting read on the benefits all those port injected engines saw.
12' Flex EB
Unleashed X4
3rd Cat delete

wasinger3000

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on October 21, 2014, 05:48:07 PM
You sent me to a fuel economy forum?

LOL!

With the boost you are running decreasing octane sounds like a horrible idea.

Quote from: Josephm on October 21, 2014, 08:38:48 PM
I would be careful using it with this engine as its DI not port injected.

Quote from: Josephm on October 21, 2014, 08:42:25 PM
If you do, do it. If you can record your results, was a pretty interesting read on the benefits all those port injected engines saw.

Haha, the name is deceiving.  I found some royal purple full synthetic 2 stroke oil so I'm going to run it in a 500:1 ratio.

At such a miniscule ammount I have complete convince I will see nothing but good results. I run lucas UCL and it is just a simple petroleum based oil which is inferior in every way to a 2 stroke oil.

Having the added wear protection being shot onto the cylinder walls while spraying meth is what I'm looking for. Seeing as 2 stroke oil is made to do just that, I think it will be fine.

I will post back when I get the goods.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

FoMoCoSHO

I'm still reading about it in the ls forum. The ecomodder forum was making me sleepy......