• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

News blurb on cellulosic ethanol production

Started by SHOdded, October 21, 2014, 07:04:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOdded

http://www.bellperformance.com/blog/worlds-largest-waste-to-ethanol-plant-attracts-royalty

BTW, anybody use Bell Performance products?  Seem to be pretty costeffective in their concentrate quantities.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

Quote from: SHOdded on October 21, 2014, 07:04:36 AM
http://www.bellperformance.com/blog/worlds-largest-waste-to-ethanol-plant-attracts-royalty

BTW, anybody use Bell Performance products?  Seem to be pretty costeffective in their concentrate quantities.
Pretty cool idea. Little disappointed to see these Uber rich folk need 50% of their investment fronted on the tax payers of America though.

Rich
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

mrpositraction

I manage projects for DuPont and doing several projects in direct support of this. 

Sent from my iPhone using ecoboost power

SHOdded

Quote from: SHOnUup on October 21, 2014, 07:59:16 AM
Pretty cool idea. Little disappointed to see these Uber rich folk need 50% of their investment fronted on the tax payers of America though.

Rich

Pretty sure the biodiesel folks were ahead of the game here in that idea, but yeah.  Using taxpayer money is always how it's done, whether it's building stadiums, funding NASA or (new wave) energy facilities (solar, wind, ethanol, etc).
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOdded

Quote from: mrpositraction on October 21, 2014, 08:13:02 AM
I manage projects for DuPont and doing several projects in direct support of this. 
Nice!  Do provide whatever insights you can :)

mrpositraction

Quote from: SHOdded on October 21, 2014, 08:15:36 AM
Quote from: mrpositraction on October 21, 2014, 08:13:02 AM
Nice!  Do provide whatever insights you can :)

The idea is great and the technology is there. Just need to drive down the cost of manufacturing to compete with Corn ethanol. DuPont is used to building things to creating things that are highly hazardous. This isn't one if them so it has been a learning curve  I am doing some work at a different site to manufacture the enzymes to support the Nevada facility. This production is a couple years out yet.

Sent from my iPhone using ecoboost power

SHOnUup

Quote from: SHOdded on October 21, 2014, 08:15:00 AM
Quote from: SHOnUup on October 21, 2014, 07:59:16 AM

Rich

Pretty sure the biodiesel folks were ahead of the game here in that idea, but yeah.  Using taxpayer money is always how it's done, whether it's building stadiums, funding NASA or (new wave) energy facilities (solar, wind, ethanol, etc).
Exactly, we foot the bill for "economic " reasoning ' s in the form of supposed jobs. Bothers me all around in all of the said ways. Chump change for those large bankers yet, I'll stop, politics is a sore subject.

Rich

2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOdded