• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

iPhone 6 and sync

Started by donky4444, September 22, 2014, 09:03:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

donky4444

So I paired my new phone today and I can stream Pandora and use voice commands to make a call but I have no audio and have to switch back to the phone in order to make a call.  Just wondering if anybody else has ran into this.  I didn't have time to try and trouble shoot since I was on my way to work for the day.
2017 Lincoln MKZ 3.0tt with LMS tune

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

2015 X Sport LME 3 bar tune, LED Puddle and plate lights

wasinger3000

Should have waited and bought a note 4. :)  Sounds like it's a software issue that sync isn't able to use. I'm sure if it is the cars fault ford will make an update.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

donky4444

I figure typical new tech trying to work with old and an update will follow to fix it.  Like I said, I only tried to make a call on the way to work.  I may even figure it out once I have a few minutes to play around while not in motion. 

You will never catch me on Android.  lol  I am an Apply guy and since my whole house is there just isn't reason to switch.  I don't knock Android, I just say pick a platform you like and stick with it to make things work together better.

2014 SHO 402a PP 20" flower wheels. LME  tune, 3 bar MAP, LED Puddle Lights and LED DRL's from Drive Bright, tinted head and tail lights, gloss black vinyl wrapped all chrome with custom chrome SHO emblems front and rear. SOLD

slurppie

For what it's worth, I'm running iOS8 on a 5s and haven't had any issues.
2013 w/PP
Synthetic blinker fluid
Ceramic muffler bearings

ZSHO

Did you try to perform a master reset,it erases all the history and restores sync to factory settings.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

wasinger3000

Quote from: donky4444 on September 22, 2014, 11:40:19 AM
I figure typical new tech trying to work with old and an update will follow to fix it.  Like I said, I only tried to make a call on the way to work.  I may even figure it out once I have a few minutes to play around while not in motion. 

You will never catch me on Android.  lol  I am an Apply guy and since my whole house is there just isn't reason to switch.  I don't knock Android, I just say pick a platform you like and stick with it to make things work together better.
Yeah I understand. I used to use iphones but found a new world of performance phones. Now I cannot stand anything slower.

You could check in your call setting on your phone and make sure it is setup to use bluetooth. 
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.

J-Will

Must be a minor error,and I would try it again; nothing should have changed with how the iPhone operates.  I doubt if Apple even changed the BlueTooth radio, let alone the software stack... too many aftermarket devices would potentially stop working if they did. 
2014 Factory Order SHO (non pp) Deep Impact Blue
Gearhead Automotive Performance Tune
3-bar
SP-542 plugs w/ GH gap

donky4444

Quote from: slurppie on September 22, 2014, 11:49:41 AM
For what it's worth, I'm running iOS8 on a 5s and haven't had any issues.

Yeah, I didn't either with my 5s with iOS8. 

donky4444

It seems I am not alone.  Just in case anybody else runs into this here is the fix.  I will try this after work and update with results for me.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6544120

BiGMaC

Being an OC computer nerd... The suggested work around on the Apple site referenced below is exactly what I did to start with my wife's iPhone 6 and her 2013 F250.  She is having no issues.  I will be sure to do it when my iPhone 6 plus gets here next month.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

donky4444

Quote from: BiGMaC on September 22, 2014, 03:41:51 PM
Being an OC computer nerd... The suggested work around on the Apple site referenced below is exactly what I did to start with my wife's iPhone 6 and her 2013 F250.  She is having no issues.  I will be sure to do it when my iPhone 6 plus gets here next month.

Oh, you ordered the shoe sized phone.  I didn't even want to go bigger than my 5s but I guess the majority have spoken on phone size.  At least the 6 still fits in my pocket pretty easily.  I am stopping off at Best Buy on my way home to pick up a new armband for the 6 and I want to check out just how big the 6 Plus is in person. 

wasinger3000

Compare it to the note 3 while you are there. :)

geswek

The only issue I have with my iPhone 6 is that the MAP feature doesn't work. Apparently Ford supports MAP on iPhone 4 and higher--so no text message notifications at the moment. I talked to my buddy at Ford and he said they are aware and working on it.

So right now it's pretty much a calling device and iPod. I do love how it functions when it's plugged into a USB port. I can voice command and see album art. It's awesome!

ZSHO

With the iphone 6 they know your having trouble pairing,map issues with sync,there watching and listening.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

Airbornemaikai

Exactly why im going back to a windows phone, I hate not being able to reply to a text all though my voice commands without having to ever touch the screen or my phone. iPhone 5s here btw
2014 Explorer Sport
LMS 91 Tune with 3 Bar Map
160º Evenflo T-stat, 0.30 Motorcraft plugs
LMS DP W/HI-Flow Cats, LMS Corsa Cat-Back
Airaid 401-260