• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Kenwood and iDatalink Maestro

Started by boostedflex, September 15, 2014, 08:20:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

boostedflex

Hey guys,

Starting to really think about doing a Kenwood headunit with the iDatalink Maestro interface.  I like the idea i can add a backup camera, retain sync, and have access to obd2 data, especially gauges.  Does anyone here have experience with this?  I would like to use the unit to display Boost and Knock (planning on calling iDatalink later today as well).  Also, does anyone know if Siri will pass thru the headunit, that is not as important for me, more of a curiosity.

Thanks
2017 Explorer Sport
Stock

2012 Flex, sold
Unleashed 93 tune, 170 degree t-stat, Airaid intake, Motorcraft SP534 plugs

Dxlnt1

My radio install. See post #63. Sync is gone as everything connects with head unit. I havent looked too much into displaying vehicle info on head unit. I will as that would be a nice feature. But I think my radio doesnt support it. I would need the newer model Alpine which I am considering for the HDMI connectivity.

http://www.ecoboostperformanceforum.com/index.php/topic,1540.60.html

2011 SHO, 3 Bar, AJP Turbo-Tune, ACES IV, Boostane 170 T-stat, PPE Catted DP's, Alpine Sound system, Touch screen HVAC controls, full window tint

boostedflex

Hey guys,

So I talked with 12v Guy over on one of the F150 forums, this will monitor boost more than likely, but not knock.  I think I am gonna pull the trigger though cause between the gauges, backup camera, sync integration, and navigation I think this is a perfect fit for me.

Anyone think it is worth it to invite 12v Guy over here, perhaps enough of us can sweet talk him into adding a knock pid for us, would make the idatalink maestro solution VERY popular for ecoboost vehicles :)
2017 Explorer Sport
Stock

2012 Flex, sold
Unleashed 93 tune, 170 degree t-stat, Airaid intake, Motorcraft SP534 plugs