• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

torrie (unleshed) explorer sport 2014

Started by hindi1973, September 11, 2014, 05:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hindi1973

hi guys I just want to share with you that I am a proud owner of a 2014 sport, And from day one I drove it stock it was nice but just another jeep honestly , Anyway I read and made my research and decided to go with torrie (unleashed) because I am not in the USA and need someone to tweak the tune a lot to our fuel (98) which is similar to your 93 and our hot weather which reaches 130f easy, After I tried his tune on the stock form with back and fourth dataloggin and sharing knowledge and what I see in the data log and feel I got the best map in stock form.

I then decided to go with his thermostat, 3 bar map sensor, I got catchcan , and a front pct delete with crank case vented filter in the oil cap position, air intake, and x4, I then added distilled water and water wetter and he also helped me the proper bleeding procedure to match our hot weather and asked him to tweak the fans to comeon fully at 192 and this is the best and makes a big difference just as big with the catchcan setup, After 3000km only I found s*** loads of oil in front catchcan and on the filter.

Anyway cutting the story short before the mods I was at 15psi and now with the mods I am in between 17 to 19 peakin 20-21 sometimes, without methanol and no knock or lousy misfires wht so ever even in our hot weather, It took us maybe 8 maps or so to get it perfect and exactly how I want it in shifting, wot and over all driving experience.

I took off the air raid intake since the car was heat soaking like hell so I don't advise it at all or any intake on these cars unless a closed version is out or something.

Anyway i am sure someone else not picky as I am would be fine with the first map he sends but I am very picky and I always want the best, and I got it .

thank you unleashed tuning from the other side of the world :P

mohammad

p.s excuse my English guys and grammer mistakes

SHOdded

Congrats on your '14 XSport!  Did you trade in your '13, or do you still have it?  Great to hear the mods & datalogging have worked well for you :thumb:

It is possible peak boost was actually higher with the stock MAP, but was out of range.  Still, that is some serious boost you are registering with the 3-bar.  What catchcan did you go with?  Sounds like it is working well.  Water wetter a great idea also

The Airaid CAN work, as demonstrated by ShoBoat's experiment.  You should mark the top of the rubber insulator with chalk, close the hood, and see if it makes an outline on the hood insulation.  If not, you need to get a taller insulator that will seal off the intake from the rest of the engine bay.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

hindi1973

regarding the intake ill avoid it , our weather is too damn hot trust me nothing will work hehehhe I might just get a drop in filter or something , I got a Jlt oil separator and air raid  770-137 small filters for the bovs vent to avoid from something getting in there while have agreat sound, Also got the billet valve cover (breather) for the oil cap and deleted the front pcv with rubber hose 5/8 3/4, and capped the bovs holes with orange rubber caps sold in ebay not anymore I guess.

yes some good boost is going in that engine and I wish I can do more with methanol but again my family goes in there so don't wana risk it and its pretty fast as is , I have meth in my other racing cars so no biggie , believe it or not the cooler charge temp maximum reached 54C  which is not bad for a wot pull , in my 997 turbo with stock cooler it reaches 65C easy and I got methanol on that that drops it to 30 or so

I Do waterwetter and ditilled water on all cars here for our high temp and its a must, and if tweaking the fans is an option I always do that too.

and I did sell my 13 because their are only a couple and someone wanted to buy it from me for a profit so why not hehehehe

:P

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

tmcphail

Take care,
Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - Owner
Unleashed Tuning Ford/GM/DCX SCT Custom Calibrator
EcuTek Nissan R35 GTR Custom Tuner
HPTuners Custom Tuner / Dealer

hindi1973

p.s the air charge info I wrote need to be adjusted it was avg 67c, lowest is 50 and highest is 90c, welcome to our 41c night time weather :(

ohh well this means even this one needs methanol hehehehe j/k

hope a better intecooler setup will be out one day to help out and maybe a better bumper with more vents , stock bumpers are closed up pretty bad even with a bigger cooler its a lost case

hindi1973

will post pics and vids soon..

I might reroute one bov back to its normal stock way and leave one venting only with the a filter protecting it, its kind of too loud for my taste though, I was also talking to torrie about having the AKA (duck sound) TAURUS SHO owners are getting which I wanted to be done to my explorer but sadly 2012 and above vehicles as I understood are different cannot be tweaked to get that beautiful wategate sound in one of unleashed tuned SHO's in youtube.

hindi1973