• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Device Updater and Live Link

Started by Sinister-CO, September 08, 2014, 10:58:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sinister-CO

So I just got my new X4 from Torrie. I downloaded both sets of software but neither will install. I've tried on two different computers, both vista. I'm wondering if it's something with our computers or maybe the files are corrupt. Don't suppose anyone can send me the files?
2015 Explorer Sport
2004 Explorer Sport Trac
2003 V-Rod - Black/Silver Anniversary Edition
1987 Grand National - High 11's at altitude

glock-coma

I was having a similar issue when I got my x4. I was getting the tune files sent to my iPhone  email then forwarding them to my windows desktop.  It wouldn't recognize the attachment. Then torrie sent them straight to my windows email. Problem solved. Not sure if this is the same issue though. 

You may need to update your x4 first through wifi or hard line.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2010 red candy metallic non PP 402B
AJPTURBO 2 BAR Tune Stock 14.1@100.3 / Tuned 12.83@107.7
K&N panel, RX OCC, Sp-534 @.30 Tint 50%F-35%R BOV bypass
1997 SHO silver frost (sold)
1990 SHO triple black 5-speed (saved my life)

Sinister-CO

I had already updated the X4 through wifi. It was just the software that wouldn't install for some reason. I pulled out an old XP laptop and was able to load the software on it, so I'm good to go. Now I'm just waiting for the tunes. :-)
2015 Explorer Sport
2004 Explorer Sport Trac

panther427

Quote from: Sinister-CO on September 08, 2014, 08:58:52 PM
I had already updated the X4 through wifi. It was just the software that wouldn't install for some reason. I pulled out an old XP laptop and was able to load the software on it, so I'm good to go. Now I'm just waiting for the tunes. :-)

Hope you like it. need to get that to bandi.. i need something to compare my times to.
2013 SHO

Sinister-CO

Sounds good to me! We'll have to get something setup.
2015 Explorer Sport
2004 Explorer Sport Trac

PokerMunkee

panther: have you been since you installed the 3BAR?

I'm going to get tuned in January hopefully.   Just hit 10k miles, will change the plugs and make sure no issues.  Yeah, I'm a pansy.  Still have the Corsa exhaust sitting in my garage, been too busy to find time. lol.

Will hit up Bandi with you guys when racing starts in '15.  Will also hit up Pueblo.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

panther427

No I haven't been able to make it back with the 3 bar plugs and the stat combo.   All this rain has been a problem
2013 SHO

panther427

Quote from: Sinister-CO on September 09, 2014, 07:33:13 AM
Sounds good to me! We'll have to get something setup.

I'm headed up to the mountain right now.   Come on up
2013 SHO

Sinister-CO

Sorry Panther. I was busy getting snowed on in the Black Hills last night.
2015 Explorer Sport
2004 Explorer Sport Trac

Sinister-CO

I should post this in case anyone else has the same issue I did. I was finally able to get the programs to install on the vista machines. I ended up copying the files to the c drive, right clicking on command prompt to run as administrator and executed the files from there. They both installed and are working fine now.
2015 Explorer Sport
2004 Explorer Sport Trac

SHOdded

Nice catch!  I have had to do that with some older programs on Win7 that stopped working after a certain point in MS updates.
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!