• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Cadillac XTS Vsport vs Lincoln MKS

Started by AndyMan04, September 02, 2014, 09:33:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AndyMan04

http://autoweek.com/article/car-reviews/2014-cadillac-xts-vsport-review-notes
&
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1312_2014_cadillac_xts_vsport_first_test/

Although not a comparison, both articles mention the Lincoln was more quicker and  less expensive. If i am not mistaken the MKS is even heavier compared to the curb weight of 4,215 lb that autoweek reported.
Looks like the 3.5Ecoboost can hang with the big dawgs...  :winkg:
2011 Taurus SHO... factory for now.

steve142857

Good comparison and for 15K$ less, the MKS appears to be a better buy for sure. However, I think that the MKS is overdue for a fresher look. Especially the rear end. If they could get the inspiration they got with the MKZ, I think it could be a killer!
2010 blue wrapped SHO 12.09 at 117.9mph - SOLD
2013 SHO PP 12.08 at 113.83mph...
Alky control, LMS tuned, custom exhaust, LMS catted downpipes, H&R springs, Tstat170, 3bar map, Airaid

SHOdded

Now if marketing could catch up to the performance ...
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

BiGMaC

Quote from: steve142857 on September 02, 2014, 09:56:52 AM
Good comparison and for 15K$ less, the MKS appears to be a better buy for sure. However, I think that the MKS is overdue for a fresher look. Especially the rear end. If they could get the inspiration they got with the MKZ, I think it could be a killer!
Plus we didn't have to pay to have the FLM cars made.... The real cost of a current GM contains the disguised cost of the bailout we paid for!

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

IHeartGroceries

That XTS is a lovely car though. Aesthetically, none of Ford's lineup can hang with what Cadillac has begun to put out.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

2013 SHO PP

vernonator

Quote from: IHeartGroceries on September 07, 2014, 03:59:03 PM
That XTS is a lovely car though. Aesthetically, none of Ford's lineup can hang with what Cadillac has begun to put out.

Really? I think the current crop of Caddy's are FUUUGGGLLYY....all personal taste. But...Jebus the front end is crap.
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

SHOnUup

Quote from: vernonator on September 08, 2014, 08:11:01 AM
Quote from: IHeartGroceries on September 07, 2014, 03:59:03 PM

Really? I think the current crop of Caddy's are FUUUGGGLLYY....all personal taste. But...Jebus the front end is crap.
^^^Agreed
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

IHeartGroceries

^Haha! Yeah, I guess it's a matter of taste. More recently, in my opinion, compared to years past, I really think GM is out shining their domestic competitors with their lux offshoots.

But, there's that Government Motors stigma which will forever deter me henceforth from considering a GM product. So sad.

2013 SHO PP

PokerMunkee

I like Caddy's exterior but hate the cheap looking interior with CUE. 

The XTS still looks like a old man's car, so doesn't appeal to me.   Don't get why the CTS V-Sport is RWD only.  Give that AWD and I could see myself driving one of those!

Dodge needs to stick AWD in their SRT lineup.  Would appeal to a lot more people.  Still can't believe they pulled AWD out of the Charger R/T.

The SHO is the perfect car for me at the present time.  'Murican, AWD, turbo, and lots of luxury/technology.
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

adforce

The XTS Vsport is detuned vs the CTS Vsport due to cooling issues with the transverse layout.  The XTS Vsport has hp/tq of 410/369 vs 420/430 for the CTS Vsport.  The XTS also only has the 6 spd instead of the 8 spd auto.

That doesn't change the compare between the XTS and MKS just saying that GM made a lot of compromises for the AWD in the XTS with that engine.

I thought about getting a CTS Vsport instead of the SHO but the lack of AWD and $20k difference in price changed my mind.  Plus the vsport is no V.  I sorely miss my CTS V but the SHO is decently quick and I will be loving the AWD in about 2 months.  Hoping the 2016 CTS V comes with AWD.

wasinger3000

Quote from: PokerMunkee on September 08, 2014, 10:52:53 AM
I like Caddy's exterior but hate the cheap looking interior with CUE. 

The XTS still looks like a old man's car, so doesn't appeal to me.   Don't get why the CTS V-Sport is RWD only.  Give that AWD and I could see myself driving one of those!

Dodge needs to stick AWD in their SRT lineup.  Would appeal to a lot more people.  Still can't believe they pulled AWD out of the Charger R/T.

The SHO is the perfect car for me at the present time.  'Murican, AWD, turbo, and lots of luxury/technology.
I would like to see an awd variant of the srt charger. Only thing is with it being a N/A engine you are pretty much stuck with the power from a simple tuning standpoint. Where as with our cars we can make massive gains relatively cheap.
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

PokerMunkee

Quote from: wasinger3000 on September 08, 2014, 12:33:09 PM

I would like to see an awd variant of the srt charger. Only thing is with it being a N/A engine you are pretty much stuck with the power from a simple tuning standpoint. Where as with our cars we can make massive gains relatively cheap.

Give the Charger Hellcat AWD and I won't even mod it! 
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

adforce

Quote from: PokerMunkee on September 08, 2014, 01:36:09 PM

Maybe they will make a Jeep SRT8 Hellcat.  Too bad it would probably be $80k+.

wasinger3000

Quote from: adforce on September 08, 2014, 01:40:59 PM

Maybe they will make a Jeep SRT8 Hellcat.  Too bad it would probably be $80k+.

Quote from: wasinger3000 on September 08, 2014, 12:33:09 PM

I'd find a way to get both!
13' SHO, Non-PP, Tuned by Torrie, Meth injection, 3 bar, 170* stat, custom axle back exhaust, Prosport Boost gauge.
15' F150 Lariat Sport, all the options, 3.5L Eco. (fiancée ride.)
13' GTCS, will be missed.

mval

poker:
when did dodge pull the awd out of the charger r/t as my friend got a '14 about a month ago, although had been someplace where local dealer had to trade for it?
mikev
'10 lme 4+93, 160t, 3 bar, w/cust headrest & evo gauge pod,md design cai, ppe dpes, borla cback , vertini 20" cust wheels w/conti dws, ebc slotted rotors w/red pads & mgp caliper covers, viper remote start, cust dipped eng cover,fascia, cai & lids,decals, custom bra, black wrapped spoiler
2017 chally scat pack shaker yellow jacket dd, so sho can be a show queen