• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Ecoboost power loss

Started by Texboost12, June 14, 2013, 10:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texboost12

Hey guys, new to forum. 2012 f150 ecoboost. 20,000 miles, first time ever issue. Under acceleration truck fell on its face at about 40 mph with a shudder. Backed out of it then it cleared up no issue since. Anyone else have this?

EcoBrick Bob

Did you get a check engine light?   Have you checked for any codes?

Sounds like an random misfire or a misfire of a specific plug, that went away.

I have had this happen 3 times with my stock tune with a newer strategy code from Ford.  The first was after a long period of driving short distances without flooring it.  The other two times occurred when I was going down long steep grades of a mile or longer, where the tranny was braking the car, and little fuel was going to the cylinders. After the check engine light started flashing my Flex ran very poorly for maybe 10-20 seconds and then was back to normal. 

Since in my instance I got both the random misfire code, as well as a specific plug code, but not the same plug on any of the 3 times.

While I don't have a definite diagnosis, my gut tells me that either my injectors needed cleaning, or there is a carbon buildup on my intake valves that is disrupting air flow, like what has happened to DI Audi's and VW's.   

If it happens again you need to take it to a dealer.

2010 Red Candy/White EB Flex.. World's first 12 second Brick.. 12.904 @ 106.85 MPH - October 2011
2009 Spt. Red G8 GT - modded. best time 12.074 & 114.02 MPH
2008 White G8 GT - mods... 8.32 1/8 mi.

Naples, FL & Clear Lake, IA
Bob has decided not to post here any more, please do not PM him he will not receive it.

EcoPowerParts

This is a known issue with the F150's and the factory intercooler collecting water vapor and dumping it into the engine when you floor it after cruising at a set speed for awhile. There's a TSB for it and now a class action lawsuit.
On f150forum.com there's a ton if info about it.
The intercooler MAK performance and http://www.full-race.com both address the issue and take care of it completely.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts