• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Another disappointment at the track...

Started by SHO-TYM, August 29, 2014, 11:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHO-TYM

Quote from: SHOnUup on September 06, 2014, 07:48:44 PM
stuck with ugly here, but it works
Did you see noticeable decrease in IAT with that mod?
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

SHOnUup

Oh yeah...instant drop in IAT1 when on the throttle...stopping at lights in traffic it goes up a few degrees but quickly recovers...wrapped all of the piping to the turbos 50% of the way with the insulation and my Iat2 temps are very sensitive to the throttle also. Even after a long heat soak, Iat2 drops much quicker.
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

Remember everyone saying a larger cac would be near impossible to fit. Wonder if you could do another cac just for 1 of the turbos and leave stock one for other? Hmmm
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHO-TYM

Quote from: SHOnUup on September 06, 2014, 07:53:39 PM
Oh yeah...instant drop in IAT1 when on the throttle...stopping at lights in traffic it goes up a few degrees but quickly recovers...wrapped all of the piping to the turbos 50% of the way with the insulation and my Iat2 temps are very sensitive to the throttle also. Even after a long heat soak, Iat2 drops much quicker.
What material did you use on the inside of the intake box? And where did you get the foam?
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

SHOnUup

Insulation was from home depot and used to wrap heat ducts. Comes in a roll for $20(way more than you need). The foam I used to wrap the top of box is for wrapping plumbing lines(1/2" lines is size I used). I put down 1/2" thick flat foam on current blade on box before wrapping with the round stuff.
Got this specific style at Menards (carries insulation also) because it had better adhesive strip than product at Home Depot. $5 for 6' I think

SHO-TYM

Quote from: SHOnUup on September 06, 2014, 08:36:54 PM
Insulation was from home depot and used to wrap heat ducts. Comes in a roll for $20(way more than you need). The foam I used to wrap the top of box is for wrapping plumbing lines(1/2" lines is size I used). I put down 1/2" thick flat foam on current blade on box before wrapping with the round stuff.
Got this specific style at Menards (carries insulation also) because it had better adhesive strip than product at Home Depot. $5 for 6' I think
Thanks! Wonder if you could paint the silver insulation black before applying to intake box to minimize how noticeable it is
Road & Track Article

SHOnUup

Maybe call a heating and cooling supply company for different color. Wish I would've thought of this earlier. My buddy owns an HVAC company but is in Europe on vacation right now. Bet he'd know.

ZSHO

On the way to the racetrack last night,installed my new Airaid taller blade and prior to getting there,stopped by to grab some grub and ate at the paking lot,figured to open the hood and let her cool off,then went in my trunk where my toolbox is and my extra 2-bar and 3-bar,map was there figured let me install the new 2-bar from Rock auto,swapped them out,easy peasy,start the car then she starts shaking almost ready to shut off,I was pissed and nervous and figured to go back home 10miles driving with check engine light on and the wrench light,the car wouldnt do more then 40mph,hope i didnt cause any damage,will swap the old 2-bar back today.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHOnUup

Quote from: ZSHO on September 07, 2014, 07:29:06 AM
On the way to the racetrack last night,installed my new Airaid taller blade and prior to getting there,stopped by to grab some grub and ate at the paking lot,figured to open the hood and let her cool off,then went in my trunk where my toolbox is and my extra 2-bar and 3-bar,map was there figured let me install the new 2-bar from Rock auto,swapped them out,easy peasy,start the car then she starts shaking almost ready to shut off,I was pissed and nervous and figured to go back home 10miles driving with check engine light on and the wrench light,the car wouldnt do more then 40mph,hope i didnt cause any damage,will swap the old 2-bar back today.
Did you install 3 bar on accident. 3 bar needs it's own set of tunes and causes this exact kind of problems described.

SHO-TYM

^^^ what he said.... if you go from 2 bar to 3 bat without changing your tune, your car will run like absolute crap.
Road & Track Article

ZSHO

I doubled check before install and had the CA AT THE END,I was comparing both of them and under where it says Germany,the original says 6848,the new one says 6847,all other # are the same and dont know if that matters?

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ZSHO

I doubled check before install and had the CA AT THE END,I was comparing both of them and under where it says Germany,the original says 6848,the new one says 6847,all other # are the same and dont know if that matters?Also let me be a little bit more clearer,lack of sleep,the 2-bar by the intake,not the one on top of the manifold.

SHOnUup

Wrong one I'd say. Think I read about wrong ones getting sent out from there before also.

BiGMaC

Quote from: ZSHO on September 07, 2014, 08:03:22 AM
I doubled check before install and had the CA AT THE END,I was comparing both of them and under where it says Germany,the original says 6848,the new one says 6847,all other # are the same and dont know if that matters?Also let me be a little bit more clearer,lack of sleep,the 2-bar by the intake,not the one on top of the manifold.
The 3Bar MAP part number ends in "AB" or "B" ... see the pics below of the 3BAR in my car and the box it came in from Ford. .... once you get it figured out right on the part or box with a permanent marker. The MAP goes in the top of the driver's side of the manifold.  The TIP (throttle-body intake pressure sensor is on the IC to TB tubing on the passenger side... see last pic below.

[img width=400
height=300]http://i1331.photobucket.com/albums/w596/knot2bfound/Tuning/3BarBox_zps2dd2a256.jpg[/img]

Here's where it goes:

A last thought... IMHO not the best idea to make changes on the way to the track... Also, get a tune loaded for the 3BAR as previously pointed out if you don't want to use limp mode.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

SHOdded

Thanks for taking the time to do the illustration, BiGMac! :thumb:
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!