• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Another disappointment at the track...

Started by SHO-TYM, August 29, 2014, 11:48:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHOnUup

Quote from: SHOdded on August 30, 2014, 01:41:26 AM
Is the 4x tune broken in?  Def do the ShoBoat mod on the Airaid to keep IATs as low as possible.  Engine cover off (at least for the track/summer)?  A/C & all other accessories off?
I did lose over a tenth in the 1/4 when re-flashing tune at the track, but my 60's were real close still(only hundredths of a change).
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHOnUup

Quote from: ZSHO on August 30, 2014, 09:07:50 AM
Is the 4x tune broken in?  Def do the ShoBoat mod on the Airaid to keep IATs as low as possible.  Engine cover off (at least for the track/summer)?  A/C & all other accessories off?
SHOdded any benefits keeping the heat set to high and then turning it off prior to launch?
Maybe less visits to the sauna needed...lol
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHO-TYM

Quote from: SHOnUup on August 30, 2014, 09:36:29 AM
SHOdded any benefits keeping the heat set to high and then turning it off prior to launch?
True statement..... I won't be going back until October for cooler temps.... also just this minute ordered non catted downpipes! That should help those little turbos get going!
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

SHOdded

Might help a tiny amount, but the heat being removed is going to be small compared to that from a radiator with the TStat open & fans running.  More surface area and bigger fans.
Quote from: SHO-TYM on August 30, 2014, 09:46:25 AM
also just this minute ordered non catted downpipes! That should help those little turbos get going!
Pics or yer just kidding around :D
2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!

SHOnUup

True statement..... I won't be going back until October for cooler temps.... also just this minute ordered non catted downpipes! That should help those little turbos get going!
Nice purchase, taking it to the next level!!! 8)

ZSHO

True statement..... I won't be going back until October for cooler temps.... also just this minute ordered non catted downpipes! That should help those little turbos get going! SHO-TYM order the c.converter gasket 7.76ea and the exhaust pipe gasket part#7T4Z-9450-AA at TASCA FORD to be on the safe side,total 4 gaskets at 7.76 ea.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

ShoBoat

Do you have access to a logger, or Torque? You might be getting a lot of KR out of the hole. That would explain the high 60s. The modded Airaid had reduced KR in comparison to the stock box. I would imagine it would be the same without the added seal. If you are not getting wheel spin and launching hard than something else is at play. Do you know what the DA was at the track when you ran?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

EcoPowerParts

To help out a TON I would remove the engine cowl cover and put bags of ice (multiple) along the front, top and back of the intake and also on the intake piping/by the IAT sensor.
Give it an hour at least to cool between rounds or when you first drive in.
Make sure you don't cool it off too much because you can't do a burnout to bring up the temps so make sure you're up to around 160 for your coolant temps when you pull onto the actual track to race.
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

PokerMunkee

What were other cars running?  Always good to compare timeslips with other cars to gauge how everyone else is running in the same conditions.

2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

SHO-TYM

Quote from: PokerMunkee on August 30, 2014, 01:56:33 PM
What were other cars running?  Always good to compare timeslips with other cars to gauge how everyone else is running in the same conditions.
I was talking with some others there, and they were having the same issues.... too hot and too humid. Temps were around 85-90 degrees, and humidity was around 65-75%. Just too hot to do well.
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

SHO-TYM

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on August 30, 2014, 12:25:11 PM
To help out a TON I would remove the engine cowl cover and put bags of ice (multiple) along the front, top and back of the intake and also on the intake piping/by the IAT sensor.
Make sure you don't cool it off too much because you can't do a burnout to bring up the temps so make sure you're up to around 160 for your coolant temps when you pull onto the actual track to race.

Sounds like I need to prepare a little better for my next runs. I am not too worried about the burnout issue, seeing as I don't think we can even do an effective burnout in these cars... but good to know for future racing with other vehicles. Thanks for the pointers.
Road & Track Article

SHOnUup

Quote from: SHO-TYM on August 30, 2014, 03:29:56 PM

Quote from: 4DRHTRD on August 30, 2014, 12:25:11 PM

Sounds like I need to prepare a little better for my next runs. I am not too worried about the burnout issue, seeing as I don't think we can even do an effective burnout in these cars... but good to know for future racing with other vehicles. Thanks for the pointers.
If anything the little burnout we can do will help free the tires of any debris you may have picked up on the way back to the line. I am gonna try some next time to see.

SHOnUup

3/4 of tank vs. 3 gallons is like 85 lbs of a change and with the weight loss you also lose some of that shifting weight to the rear.

EcoPowerParts

Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SHOnUup

Was just looking at the rules and tips from local dragway.  It states that if you are on street tires, "DO NOT drive through the water box! Your treaded tires will pick up water in the treads, and when you do burnout, it will sling water all over inside the wheel well. You will then track water all the way to the tree, and water will be dripping down onto your tires, making them very slick! If you do this, you make the track dangerous for everyone,  and you may be asked to leave if you do it again. The water is for slicks, not treaded tires. Etc...."

Lapeer Dragway via the "readme for beginners" tab