• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

Sync gone crazy

Started by jtoddk98, August 28, 2014, 07:16:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jtoddk98

Recently, my sync system has started acting wierd. First, it intermittently doesn't recognize my voice and the bluetooth audio streaming doesn't work. I can plug my phone into usb and I'll play fine, calls also come through fine. I have tried doing a master reset on it to no avail. Any fixes? I have a iPhone 5S.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

ShoBoat

Pull the fuse for MFT on the panel inside the car. It's the only way it fixed mine.

2012 Pearl White CTS-V Stock
2016 Fusion Titanium 2.0 EB Stock
2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

jtoddk98

I pulled the fuse for the nav, turned the car on, off, then put the fuse back in. Fuse 14. Amazing. It worked!

2011 Taurus SHO Performance Package. EBC Stage 4 Brakes. Blacked out chrome. #130 of 602 in Ingot Silver

vernonator

Hey its Microsoft so a reboot is ALWAYS good for it :)
2012 Tuxedo Black SHO w/PP. Livernois Stage 4+, PPE Catless DP's, EBC Stage 4 Front/Rear Brakes
2015 Tuxedo Black Explorer Sport 401A, no mods....YET :)

ShoBoat

Quote from: vernonator on August 29, 2014, 08:38:23 AM

lol but true. Glad it worked.

2013 SHO Black on Black (Gone) PP, Unleashed Custom Tune, 170 TStat, SP534 Plugs, 3 Bar, Airaid Intake, PPE catted downpipes, Corsa Cat-back, H&R Springs. Focal 165KR Front Stage,2 JL W6 10 with Focal 800.1. 12.62 @ 110 mph.

jtoddk98

haha. Part of the reason I have Macs at my house

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Torsen

Wow, I am going to have to do this.  Sometimes the BT connects, sometimes it doesn't.  Sometimes it connects for both phone and BT audio, sometimes just BT audio.  Sometimes I have no sound at all.  Sometimes it connects and plays for a minute or two then disconnects.  It drives me nuts!  I will pull this fuse and report back what my outcome is.

SwampRat

Quote from: jtoddk98 on August 29, 2014, 10:47:31 AM

haha. Part of the reason I have Macs at my house

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Apple sucks .....
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

ShoBoat

Oh boy now you started it!

SwampRat

Quote from: ShoBoat on August 29, 2014, 11:21:56 AM
Oh boy now you started it!

Yeah .... I'm a bad person ..... LOL

No OS is perfect but there is a reason that Linux is the number 1 OS in the world in regards to embedded hardware ....... STABILITY .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

kinder

Quote from: SwampRat on August 29, 2014, 11:31:04 AM

No OS is perfect but there is a reason that Linux is the number 1 OS in the world in regards to embedded hardware ....... STABILITY .

Take portable devices out of the equation and it's Mircosoft all the way. ;)

My Sync thing has a habit of going back to the home screen when I am verbally trying to use the navigation and spell out an address.

Annoying. >:(
Haikus are easy
But sometimes they don't make sense
Refrigerator

Torsen

MacOS and IOS both suck.  I have to carry an iPhone 5s for work, and can't stand it.  With that said, I bought both of my kids Macbook Pros when they went to college, and they love them.  Best $4000 I ever spent.  In the four and three years that they have had them, they have had no issues, and they still seem new.  You couldn't say that about cheap Windows computers.

Torsen

Conversely, my son has had a 4th gen iPad for a year and a half, and it died last week.  He took it to the Apple Store, and they would do nothing except tell him that the logic board was probably dead and offer to sell him a new one.  He bought a 10.5" Samsung Galaxy Tab S and says it is so much better than the iPad.