• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

**Help with brake and rotor removal.

Started by SHO-TYM, August 26, 2014, 03:02:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SHO-TYM

I am in the process of removing brakes and rotors. 2011 non PP SHO. I have removed brakes and caliper, and then now trying to get rotors off.... the car spent 3 years up north before finding it's way to TN..... back of rotors is rusted like crazy. They won't budge..... I have taken a rubber mallet, and then placed a piece of wood on the rotor and took a hammer to it... still didn't budge. There seems to be a star bit on the front of the rotor.... is this for some reason screwed to the car somehow? I've never seen anything like it. I need help. A lot of rust has come off with me smacking the thing.... I have soaked the front and back with PB blaster. ..

2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

ZSHO

SHOTYM THE ROTERS WILL NOT COME OFF WITHOUT REMOVING THAT TORX SCREW,LOOKS LIKE A 30-40 MM

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

elund126

Quote from: ZSHO on August 26, 2014, 03:09:26 PM
SHOTYM THE ROTERS WILL NOT COME OFF WITHOUT REMOVING THAT TORX SCREW.

^^What he said. Remove the torx screw
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO
Windows Tinted, SP-534, 3-bar, Unleashed Tuning

SHO-TYM

Wow.... would have been nice to know that before I got this far into this.... where can I get the tool to remove?
2011 Ford Taurus SHO non PP, Livernois Motorsports Windstorm Intake, LME Stage 4+X Meth Tune, 160* thermostat, new motorcraft plugs gapped at .028. 3 Bar Map Sensor, LMS non-catted down pipes, Corsa Catback System, ALKY Methanol Injection, LED Puddle Lights, and (ATP upgraded turbos on the way)
Road & Track Article
http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/news/a25497/this-is-what-a-550-hp-ford-taurus-sho-looks-like/

SHO-TYM

Quote from: elund126 on August 26, 2014, 03:11:04 PM

^^What he said. Remove the torx screw
I don't have the tool. Where would I find it?
Road & Track Article

ZSHO

IS there a Sears near you,get the LISLE 10piece kit to make sure you have the right size,or Autozone.

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

SHO-TYM

Quote from: ZSHO on August 26, 2014, 03:15:37 PM
IS there a Sears near you,get the LISLE 10piece kit to make sure you have the right size,or Autozone.
Thanks, I will take the bike out and grab them and come back and continue...
Road & Track Article

elund126

Don't take off the rears until you have the right tool to push in the rear caliper pistons. You can't use a clamp and your old pad on the rear.

http://www.harborfreight.com/disc-brake-pad-and-caliper-service-tool-kit-pc-69053.html

You'll need something like this kit from Harbor Freight, or you can usually borrow from Autozone or another parts store.
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO
Windows Tinted, SP-534, 3-bar, Unleashed Tuning

ZSHO

SHO-TYM,I am pretty sure as i recall that its a T-40 Torx head that you will need and some PB blaster and antiseize for that bad boy,good luck on the install.

SHO-TYM

Now we should be in business! Thanks for all the advice
Road & Track Article

SHO-TYM

Road & Track Article

ZSHO

When you put that bolt back on put a little antiseize and dont make it to tight,your wheels will hold your rotors in place.

SHOnUup

Keep on keeping on, good luck with the rest.
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

SHO-TYM

Road & Track Article

SHOdded

2007 Ford Edge SEL, Powerstop F/R Brake Kit, TXT LED 6000K Lo & Hi Beams, W16W LED Reverse Bulbs, 3BSpec 2.5w Map Lights, 5W Cree rear dome lights, 5W Cree cargo light, DTBL LED Taillights

If tuned:  Take note of the strategy code as you return to stock (including 3 bar MAP to 2 bar MAP) -> take car in & get it serviced -> check strategy code when you get car back -> have tuner update your tune if the strategy code has changed -> reload tune -> ENJOY!