• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

3-bar ordered

Started by elund126, August 21, 2014, 10:12:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elund126

Ordered the 3bar today. Do I just e-mail Mr. T for the new tunes when I have it in my hands?
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO
Windows Tinted, SP-534, 3-bar, Unleashed Tuning

SwampRat

Quote from: elund126 on August 21, 2014, 10:12:34 PM
Ordered the 3bar today. Do I just e-mail Mr. T for the new tunes when I have it in my hands?

Nah .... email him now and once you have the 3 bar installed you can flash the updated tunes that he sends to you .
Just tell him the 3bar is on the way .
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

tmcphail

Take care,
Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - Owner
Unleashed Tuning Ford/GM/DCX SCT Custom Calibrator
EcuTek Nissan R35 GTR Custom Tuner
HPTuners Custom Tuner / Dealer

DatSho88

Is 3 bar noticable to ford if i went it.  i would obviously change it if i had to take it in, but can they see that you ran higher boost at that point? Or when I switch it back to a 2 bar and stock tune, will it be "stock" again?

3 bar will be coming soon if it will not be found!
2013 SHO nonPP, LMS 93v8 tune, K&N Cold Air Intake. Headlight + Tail Light tint, Black Vinlyed Chrome.

PokerMunkee

Quote from: DatSho88 on August 22, 2014, 12:16:34 AM
Is 3 bar noticable to ford if i went it.  i would obviously change it if i had to take it in, but can they see that you ran higher boost at that point? Or when I switch it back to a 2 bar and stock tune, will it be "stock" again?

If you go back to stock tune, you need to swap out the 3bar tune.  If you go to dealer for warranty work, flash to stock and put 2bar back in.  Then take negative cable off battery for 15 minutes and then drive around for 20 minutes before taking to dealer.   
2013 SHO PP - Ignot Silver/Charcoal
Unleashed 91 tune w/ 3BAR, Corsa exhaust, LEDs everywhere
2011 F-250 6.2 CCSB FX4

BiGMaC

for routine things they'll never notice.... the parts look identical from 6" away and likely even at that the physical part number is so close (1 digit)......
Without a tune the 3BAR is useless, for really major things they'll find out your tuned... so the 3BAR itself is moot.  On the other hand going back to the 2BAR and stock for vistits beyond FastLane stuff might be a good idea incase they flash the ECU with a Ford OEM update... it would be a bummer if the car wouldn't run right after such an occurrence.

Go 3BAR... I don't think you'll ever look back. just be smart about it.

•2013 Taurus SHO nonPP - All Ford factory options, 3BAR MAP, LMS v8 tune (mods for 3BAR, DPs, and T-stat), Paint & plastic correction, CQuart finest all exterior surfaces, limo black window tint,VLED Triton switchbacks, Daytime BrightLites switchback DRLs, full interior and exterior LED conversion, Lamin-X charcoal blackout tail lights and reflectors, PPE catted and coated downpipes, EBPP coated hotpipes with BoVs VTA, MDesign CAI
•2013 F250 CC Lariat 6.7EB Diesel -stock

ZSHO

If you want to play it safe,see if they put a white marker on the original 2-bar and if so,do that on the new 3-bar map??

2013 Performance Package SHO| Livernois Custom Methanol Tune|3-Bar Map|Reische-170-Stat|Full Race Tial-10psi BOV in Black|PPE-Gloss Black Hot Pipes|EPP Dual Intake in Gloss Black|PPE Catted DP|Corsa Sport Cat Back Exhaust|H&R Sport-Springs|CFM Performance Billet Valve Cover Breather In Gloss Black|Llumar 20%Ceramic window Tint|MSD Ignition Coils in Black|Extreme Roof Spoiler|Redline Fluids all around|Gearhead Intercooler|First-SHO With Direct Port Alky-VP-M1-100%-Methanol Injection|LMS-Custom-Dyno-Tuned @ 415whp-465wtq| Best Trap Speed of 115.54 mph|

DatSho88

Tune will be no problem. Just want to figure out if its detectable in the long run.  Thanks for the input!
2013 SHO nonPP, LMS 93v8 tune, K&N Cold Air Intake. Headlight + Tail Light tint, Black Vinlyed Chrome.

SHOnUup

IMO...if you're tuning, 3 bar is a must as its just an accessory to the tune.
2011 Sterling Gray Metallic SHO non PP,
12.4211 @ 110.28 Livernois 3bar tune & CAI,
Added since...PPE catless Dpipes, Megan coilovers, Powergrid adjustable end links, and EBC slotted rotors and red stuff pads.
Tommy Designs grille with carbon fiber hydrographics, fender badges and fog bezels hydrodipped also, tinted windows, head & taillights, debadged trunk with all chrome plasti-dipped, black calipers, obdlink mx scantool running torque pro on 7" tablet.

elund126

I'm out of warranty, so I can play without the worry!!
2010 Tuxedo Black SHO
Windows Tinted, SP-534, 3-bar, Unleashed Tuning