• Welcome to Ecoboost Performance Forum. Please log in or sign up.
collapse

SCT Pro Racer Software

Started by SwampRat, August 20, 2014, 10:32:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampRat

Quote from: SHOnUup on August 20, 2014, 09:04:15 AM
Quote from: ShoBoat on August 20, 2014, 07:54:27 AM

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 20, 2014, 12:43:05 AM
Data degradation.

All datalogs thus far have been unable to provide the info needed to tweak my tune.

I like my tune but I am not at all happy with the SCT hardware or software.

Too bad there aren't better choices.

Is this a Ford / SCT communication thing? Torrie tunes these all the time with the X4. I am curious as I have been contemplating this route for a while now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Great question. I to have been curious. Hard to see these relatively cheap handheld devices being able to break down all the info into mili-seconds real accurately in my simple mind.

I'm curious as to what is keeping SCT from developing there Pro Racer software further so that it goes beyond the Ford 2011 models .
Looks like there is Tons of potential untaped for those that really want to dig in deep .

http://www.sctflash.com/products.php?PID=43&VID=
2013 SHO  ....  not mine anymore

2021 Edge ST

tmcphail

I don't understand the context of what's occurring in the above quoted statements and what that has to do with the PRP package. Also I am unaware of a the lack of being able to purchase / use / tune your own vehicle with a single license PRP for Ford vehicles that reside post 2011 MY
Take care,
Mr. Torrie R. McPhail - Owner
Unleashed Tuning Ford/GM/DCX SCT Custom Calibrator
EcuTek Nissan R35 GTR Custom Tuner
HPTuners Custom Tuner / Dealer

EcoPowerParts

You can tune all the years with PRP package Swamp
Mike B | info@ecopowerparts.com
www.ecopowerparts.com -
please use my website for any price quotes and to submit any orders.
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.
https://www.facebook.com/ecopowerparts

SwampRat

Quote from: tmcphail on August 20, 2014, 10:42:28 AM
I don't understand the context of what's occurring in the above quoted statements and what that has to do with the PRP package. Also I am unaware of a the lack of being able to purchase / use / tune your own vehicle with a single license PRP for Ford vehicles that reside post 2011 MY

SCT overview on the software states support for 89 to 2011 MY ?

Perhaps FoMoCoSHO can address the specific issues the X4 is lacking at.

2021 Edge ST

EcoPowerParts

If you buy this package be prepared for a HUGE learning curve, call SCT to verify. I believe the PRP supports anything the Advantage software does (what Torrie uses)
www.ecopowerparts.com -
Please email me via info@ecopowerparts.com if you have any questions on new or existing orders, PM's via the forum are hard to track your purchase as I can't relate user name to actual name.

FoMoCoSHO

I'm not sure either.

I have no opinions about the tuning interface whatsoever.

tmcphail

If you are looking to tune the car on your own you can, the PRP is $ 349.99 plus shipping that includes the stock file. I submitted the website error to SCT they will fix that. If I can tune it on the dealer level you can order a single license copy of advantage as well.
Take care,

SwampRat

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 20, 2014, 12:13:42 PM
I'm not sure either.

I have no opinions about the tuning interface whatsoever.

Quote from: FoMoCoSHO on August 20, 2014, 12:43:05 AM
Data degradation.

All datalogs thus far have been unable to provide the info needed to tweak my tune.

I like my tune but I am not at all happy with the SCT hardware or software.

Too bad there aren't better choices.

Huh ? ?

I'm still interested in the PRP software though .

2021 Edge ST

tmcphail

What you are quoting above about datalogging has nothing to do with the PRP. two different things.

I can get you the PRP with stock tune for $ 349.99 if you want to tune your own car. Email me if you do.

Take care,

EcoPowerParts

I've tried to learn to tune with the Advantage software which is pretty much the same as the RPR for the screens you see (Torrie can confirm or deny), we spend 3 weeks 4 hours a night on the dyno and made no progress.
I think there's training programs now for the Ecoboost, I would highly suggest you take it if you want to start playing.
www.ecopowerparts.com -

tmcphail

In regards to datalogging with live link there is a balance that needs to be achieved. If you choose to many pids certain items fail to log correctly. If you do not log enough items there is insufficient information for me to do my job properly.

Take care,